Thoughts on new 37" Tires

I think they'd work out great and wouldn't hesitate to give it a try. I realize this was all dry desert rock stuff but I found them to hook up well here.

Nice. I need new tires and trying to decide on Nitto ridge or trail. Not in a rush… extra cash is going to the son’s wedding. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. I need new tires and trying to decide on Nitto ridge or trail. Not in a rush… extra cash is going to the son’s wedding. Lol
No question that Trail Grapplers are awesome on the trail but so far, I haven't seen the Ridge Grapplers we have as being substandard. What I really do like about them is that they are quieter and being that they have less rolling resistance, offer better fuel economy as well.

No question that Trail Grapplers are awesome on the trail but so far, I haven't seen the Ridge Grapplers we have as being substandard. What I really do like about them is that they are quieter and being that they have less rolling resistance, offer better fuel economy as well.
Awesome, thanks man. 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I’ll check that out. I have no doubt they’re great, just want to make sure they hook up on the rocks as good as the TGs do.
Okay, here's a clip that should put doubts to rest. It's of Synergy taking on the super slick and slimy rocks out in Massachusetts and on a rainy day to make things even harder. Nobody else made it up this face but Dave did and with Ridge Grapplers.

Not saying that Trail Grapplers couldn't have made it up, we just didn't have enough time to have everyone keep trying. The main point of me posting this is to show that Ridge Grapplers could get it done.

There are more clips you can see of him on that trip and I guarantee you, there are ZERO trails like what you see here out west.

Mudpup14

After watching that video, i was impressed on how well the Ridge Grapplers did. I had the Toyo R/T on my jk (comparable? "hybrid" )for a while and they never hooked up well on trails in New England

Okay, here's a clip that should put doubts to rest. It's of Synergy taking on the super slick and slimy rocks out in Massachusetts and on a rainy day to make things even harder. Nobody else made it up this face but Dave did and with Ridge Grapplers.

Not saying that Trail Grapplers couldn't have made it up, we just didn't have enough time to have everyone keep trying. The main point of me posting this is to show that Ridge Grapplers could get it done.

There are more clips you can see of him on that trip and I guarantee you, there are ZERO trails like what you see here out west.
Oh yeah, I remember that! That was an impressive climb. Thank you! 👍

Not sure what the tire size was in the video, but the 38" size is "special" since it is only load rating 'C'. Most Ridge Grapplers are load rating 'E'. The lighter load rating is more flexible and should get more traction when aired down when going over rocks.

SOB

I used to run Coopers, liked them too. However, as mentioned when I discovered who owned them, I got rid of them. When looking to replace, Nitto was at top of list, however I couldn't find them (out of stock). I purchased a set of General Grabbers X3's, and believe it or not they are great tires. I was pleasantly surprised and they are less expensive then tires in the 'group'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom