The Return of Big Black

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys!

Finally got a chance to take a few more pics, I think it drives pretty well, bilsteins feel pretty good on road. Still need to do my front drive shaft, dial bump stops, rock lights, and muffler delete, then should be pretty much done for now.
Looks outstanding!! Great job (y)

duktrx

Thanks guys!

Finally got a chance to take a few more pics, I think it drives pretty well, bilsteins feel pretty good on road. Still need to do my front drive shaft, dial bump stops, rock lights, and muffler delete, then should be pretty much done for now.
Looks great!!
Looking at your rig, I'm starting to think 38's are what I need, but then I will need a new front axle.

Thanks guys!

That looks perfect man! Definitely about how I'd do a JL. 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, looking fwd to putting it to use, just need to add a little more rear bump stop.
I'm gonna bet you might need to modify and or trim your rear fender liner a bit too. There's that piece toward the back that covers the shock that bumps out and the tire tends to catch on bumps or flex.

benatc1

Hooked
I'm gonna bet you might need to modify and or trim your rear fender liner a bit too. There's that piece toward the back that covers the shock that bumps out and the tire tends to catch on bumps or flex.
Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to get a closer look at that. I’m currently at a point where I think a half inch will be perfect, tire is rubbing but not stressing the fender much, Perhaps a hard hit could break some stuff, but I don’t want to take to much travel away if I can help it. A fender “trim” would really be the way to go, but i like the factory fenders to much at this point.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to get a closer look at that. I’m currently at a point where I think a half inch will be perfect, tire is rubbing but not stressing the fender much, Perhaps a hard hit could break some stuff, but I don’t want to take to much travel away if I can help it. A fender “trim” would really be the way to go, but i like the factory fenders to much at this point.
I'm with you on that, I really do like the factory fenders on the JL and in a way that I really didn't with the JK.

benatc1

Hooked
I'm with you on that, I really do like the factory fenders on the JL and in a way that I really didn't with the JK.
It’s kinda funny, on a Jk it was like they needed to be trimmed or something to look right, and on the JL of they are trimmed it’s like something is missing.

benatc1

Hooked
Got all cleaned up, always a process but wasn’t too bad. Nice reminder of why I bought black. Overall jeep did awesome on the trail, got a little pinched in little sluice and pulled a line, hydro steer may have helped but I’m not afraid to know when it’s time to pull yourself out. Suspension, wheels/tires were awesome, no body damage but took some good scrapes on bumpers, but nothing a little touch up can’t fix. I did split the weld seam on my rear bumper, but I recall it being a real hard hit, vs aluminum, which there is risk vs weight savings there. Now for the rockslide engineering steps, they did not do so well. Passenger side step got ripped off cause the wife left it down, so not their fault, but the rest of Slider took a beating and shows it, and I only set it down a few time, obvious scrapes are expected. Drives side got pretty beat up as well but after some persuasion I got the step working again. I will say these would have probably held up better if I had the skid plates installed, but this is how these should come from the factory based on the cost. Skids we’re in my garage, main reason is they didn’t line with with holes on my sliders and due to some other circumstances I was doing this the day before so I just rolled with what I had. Again, To be fair I think these would have made it fine with the skids, but kinda crazy they aren’t built that way and a bit disappointing, fortunately @Disciple Off Road is helping me see what these need to get back to life or else ill just toss em, but they are a nice addition for the kids. All in all such a great time on the Rubicon, and super happy with how the Jeep performed IMG_5814.jpeg IMG_5815.jpeg IMG_5786.jpeg IMG_5781.jpeg

Top Bottom