The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Was in Yosemite last weekend for fire falls. It didn’t pan out Saturday for us unfortunately. That’s alright. We had a great time and we’re heading back tomorrow.
Sucks the weather didn’t cooperate with you. Me and the girlfriend are supposed to go next weekend but It looks like there will be clouds too. I’m just looking forward to going to the park though. Never been although I’m not looking forward to the crowds.

black pearl

Hooked
Sucks the weather didn’t cooperate with you. Me and the girlfriend are supposed to go next weekend but It looks like there will be clouds too. I’m just looking forward to going to the park though. Never been although I’m not looking forward to the crowds.
What day are you going in next weekend? We’ll be there again next weekend as well. Friday doesn’t look too bad. Although it can be overcast in the valley and still see fire falls. It’s more about the clouds on the horizon. There will be a good number of people but it’s nothing like summer time, I won’t even go at that time.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
What day are you going in next weekend? We’ll be there again next weekend as well. Friday doesn’t look too bad. Although it can be overcast in the valley and still see fire falls. It’s more about the clouds on the horizon. There will be a good number of people but it’s nothing like summer time, I won’t even go at that time.
Planning on heading into the park on Friday the 23rd after work and rest. Then explore the park the rest of the weekend and hope for good conditions on Saturday. That’s good to know on the clouds and hoping it will be clear enough.

black pearl

Hooked
Planning on heading into the park on Friday the 23rd after work and rest. Then explore the park the rest of the weekend and hope for good conditions on Saturday. That’s good to know on the clouds and hoping it will be clear enough.
When you’re at the viewing points. Keep an eye on the mountain peaks across from el cap. People tend to leave to early, it typically will happen right after the sun vanishes from those mountain peaks. It only lasts a couple minutes.

black pearl

Hooked
Today we went to the moaning cavern. I knew I didn’t like height’s going into this. Going down the narrow stairs to the first landing 65’ below the surface and stand at the top of a hundred foot spiral staircase. It definitely brought up some uneasy feelings, but pushed through and went to the bottom. What an awesome experience.

Attachments

• IMG_6424.jpeg
    IMG_6424.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6395.jpeg
    IMG_6395.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6396.jpeg
    IMG_6396.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6398.jpeg
    IMG_6398.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6406.jpeg
    IMG_6406.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6419.jpeg
    IMG_6419.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6412.jpeg
    IMG_6412.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6413.jpeg
    IMG_6413.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 13

black pearl

Hooked
Back in Yosemite this weekend. Finally got a decent picture of fire falls. Tomorrow should be better though and going to shoot from a different angle. Also got the moon rising over half dome, when we were walking back. I still have to load the pictures from the good camera.

Attachments

• IMG_6471.jpeg
    IMG_6471.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6474.jpeg
    IMG_6474.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6476.jpeg
    IMG_6476.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 13

black pearl

Hooked
I remember seeing this when I was just a little kid, well over 50 years ago. But we were at the top and watched the ranger push the fire over the cliff. One of my lasting memories from the early years.
They stopped doing that in the late 70s early 80s. I would have really liked to see that event.

Top Bottom