Suspension Question

Swadewade

Hello friends,

I am new here. I have a 2021 JLU sport with a hard top, manual trans. I purchased a set of Rubicon take off suspension and have been holding it for several months until I was ready to put it on. This is my daily driver, and I do drive quite a bit. I was looking for 1/2 - 1.5 inch lift. After doing some research, I discovered the springs I have on the front of my sport are the same numbers as the front springs of the Rubi take offs I bought and the rear take offs are almost the same as well (see chart attached). I called a friend that has a 2021 Rubi with hard top and automatic and asked him to crawl under his Jeep and his front springs are also the same as mine and the take offs. We measured his from the ground to the door seal and it’s 0.75 inches higher than mine. I have the saharra wheels/tires on mine and I know they are .6 inches less in diameter and that would add 0.3 inches in height.

I have an appointment make to swap the suspension. I am worried now that I won’t get any lift at all in the front. And if my friends Rubi has the same front springs as I do..then where is the 0.5 inch lift coming from if it’s not the springs? (.75 inch height difference. - .3 for tire difference).

Here is a chart of the 3 suspensions number I have. Mine, the take offs I bought and my friends Rubi.

My question is…if I have the shop swap my socks and springs for these Rubi ones I bought…will I get any lift at all? I can’t believe that my base sport would have the same springs as a Rubi b/c I know (at least I think I know) the Rubi’s sit a little higher, partially b/c of the tires, partially optical illusion b/c of the higher fenders.

Does anyone know for sure? I know some Rubi’s have higher/longer springs than these. My question is will I get any lift from these?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3905.jpeg

black pearl

Hooked
I believe all the front springs are the same, but putting four door springs on a two door is where you’ll get lift. I don’t think you’ll get much or any lift from springs from another four door.

Upvote 0

Swadewade

Thanks. I am still perplexed at what is causing the Rubi 0.75 inch lift over mine. Of all the threads I have read, I was thinking the lift was 100% coming from the tires and the springs. But with the springs being the same…I have no clue. I am starting to think I should either try the AEV spacer lift as recommended or find some Rubi take offs that have higher spring numbers.

Upvote 0

SargeCoGa

Caught the Bug
Hello friends,

I am new here. I have a 2021 JLU sport with a hard top, manual trans. I purchased a set of Rubicon take off suspension and have been holding it for several months until I was ready to put it on. This is my daily driver, and I do drive quite a bit. I was looking for 1/2 - 1.5 inch lift. After doing some research, I discovered the springs I have on the front of my sport are the same numbers as the front springs of the Rubi take offs I bought and the rear take offs are almost the same as well (see chart attached). I called a friend that has a 2021 Rubi with hard top and automatic and asked him to crawl under his Jeep and his front springs are also the same as mine and the take offs. We measured his from the ground to the door seal and it’s 0.75 inches higher than mine. I have the saharra wheels/tires on mine and I know they are .6 inches less in diameter and that would add 0.3 inches in height.

I have an appointment make to swap the suspension. I am worried now that I won’t get any lift at all in the front. And if my friends Rubi has the same front springs as I do..then where is the 0.5 inch lift coming from if it’s not the springs? (.75 inch height difference. - .3 for tire difference).

Here is a chart of the 3 suspensions number I have. Mine, the take offs I bought and my friends Rubi.

My question is…if I have the shop swap my socks and springs for these Rubi ones I bought…will I get any lift at all? I can’t believe that my base sport would have the same springs as a Rubi b/c I know (at least I think I know) the Rubi’s sit a little higher, partially b/c of the tires, partially optical illusion b/c of the higher fenders.

Does anyone know for sure? I know some Rubi’s have higher/longer springs than these. My question is will I get any lift from these?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 374086
Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on the Rubicon components? Did you get the shocks and all?

Upvote 0

D_Baldguy

As far as I know Rancho is the only one that has different lifts for a 2 door and a 4 door
I just (accidentally) purchased and installed the 2D version of their 3” Sport lift on my JLUR a couple months ago, instead of the 4D. No negative effects so far, but frustrating to learn I ordered the wrong part #.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just (accidentally) purchased and installed the 2D version of their 3” Sport lift on my JLUR a couple months ago, instead of the 4D. No negative effects so far, but frustrating to learn I ordered the wrong part #.
How many inches of lift did you actually get? Normally 2-door versions should not produce as much lift.

Upvote 0

D_Baldguy

How many inches of lift did you actually get? Normally 2-door versions should not produce as much lift.
If I wanted to risk pissing somebody off, I could bring a tape measure to work and measure the fender gap on the (bone stock) twin Rubi that parks at the apartments across from my office.

I estimate I netted about 2.5”.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom