Suspension and Steering question

Chutzell

I have a question. So when I purchased my 2018 JL Unlimited Sport and this was on the Front end. Am I wrong to think that the front Sway bar is sitting way to high. Shouldn't it be level with the frame? It looks like they put Rubicon shocks and spring on here. Then put Metal Cloak steering arms on. Im thinking it may have had a 3 1/2 inch lift before, then when they traded it in they put the Rubi shocks and springs.

Attachments

• suspension 1.jpg
    suspension 1.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 26
  • suspension 2.jpg
    suspension 2.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 25
  • suspension 3.jpg
    suspension 3.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 23
  • suspension 4.jpg
    suspension 4.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 24
  • suspension 5.jpg
    suspension 5.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 24

Chutzell

Unfortunately they cant be cut down. Again im assuming the previous owner had a taller lift and before they traded it in they pulled it and switched it to the Rubicon Shocks and Springs. I have noticed some shaking in the steering wheel when going over bumps on city streets, i figured it had to do with the position of the sway bar. Im not a fan of buying used for this reason but it was a good deal

Upvote 0

Spazbyt

Hooked
Sounds to me like the sway bar is the least of your problems. The shaking is probably death wobble and un related to the sway bar. I would focus on the death wobble first because it will only get worse and the sway bar can be easily fixed with some OEM take offs.

Upvote 0
They look a little long but not necessarily an issue. The main thing you want to check is how they look at full droop. You do not want the link and the sway bar arm to become "in line" with each other as it could cause the sway bar to cycle forward/wrong way during up travel.

And yes it looks like you might be right on some parts being swapped around.

Upvote 0

kevman65

Hooked
Unfortunately they cant be cut down. Again im assuming the previous owner had a taller lift and before they traded it in they pulled it and switched it to the Rubicon Shocks and Springs. I have noticed some shaking in the steering wheel when going over bumps on city streets, i figured it had to do with the position of the sway bar. Im not a fan of buying used for this reason but it was a good deal

Sorry, I missed this one.

If it looks like a hack job parts swap, check ALL the steering and suspension bolts and nuts and torque EVERYTHING to factory specs.

See if your wobble/bump steer goes away.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom