Split rear fenders?

ducatijosh

I’ve got the American adventure labs inner fender liners front and rear as well as their fender chop LED lights.

I’ve chopped the fronts and got the lights and liners on.

For the rears I can’t decide if I want to just install the liners or split the fenders as well. The only downside is the lower rear section where you can see exposed holes and body framing when split. Thoughts?

CalSgt

Hooked
IDK man... I've got stock unmodified fenders front and rear, they've held up to all sorts of abuse. I don't see any need to change the way the fenders are on a JL.

I actually just noticed you're in a JT... But my opinion is the same, the stock fenders are great looking and work rather well.

It's your jeep though, do whatever makes you happy.

ducatijosh

IDK man... I've got stock unmodified fenders front and rear, they've held up to all sorts of abuse. I don't see any need to change the way the fenders are on a JL.

I actually just noticed you're in a JT... But my opinion is the same, the stock fenders are great looking and work rather well.

It's your jeep though, do whatever makes you happy.

Just more room for tires/articulation. My goal is low lift / big tires so currently I'm running on a 2.5" lift with 38's I havent fully flexed it out yet but I was pretty positive I would touch fenders so the fronts have been chopped. I'm not sure if i'll have issues in the rear yet though.

kevman65

Hooked
If it were me and I were going to try it, I'd get a set of the Rubi rears that are unpainted and modify them.

A LOT cheaper than cutting up a set of painted ones to find out you don't like it.

CalSgt

Hooked
That's actually a great idea. I bet you could find a pair cheap too either in a junkyard or Craigslist ETC.
I've found lots of JL sets on craigslist for cheap, one guy was selling a set of 4 color matched (same color as mine) fenders with the fender liners for like $300.

The single rear fender and liner I got from the stealership was over $400 and I still had to paint it.

ducatijosh

Went ahead and just did it, too much half finished projects in the garage. I like it, tons of room, pretty sure I could fit 40s now (currently on 38s with a 2.5" lift)

1704995719628.png
1704995734718.png

ducatijosh

Paint didn't wrinkle pulling the plastic rivets? That's what I was worried about.
The rivets? Nah, you can drill those out or just use one of metal fork looking tools to break them (that's what I did).

The risk would be separating the two halves of the fender where they're plastic welded but you just make sure you're applying force / bending the discarded piece, all is well.

Top Bottom