Service 4WD Light

Why1504

Caught the Bug
My Service 4WD light has come back on with my 2023 392XR with 7200 miles on the clock. I can tell the vehicle is in 4WD all the time. It is difficult to turn the car at low speeds. I don’t tow. The same thing happened on my trip to Colorado, I used the Tazer to clear the code and the light didn’t come back on and the 4WD worked fine. I plan to remove the Tazer and take her to the dealer. Is this how I should handle this?

Thanks!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
sucks but yes, your dealership is who you should have look into this. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a problem with your t-case.

sucks but yes, your dealership is who you should have look into this. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a problem with your t-case.
So the transfer case issues. Do you think it’s from people leaving it in auto when they should be in 4H/L off road? Or a bad transfer case as a whole?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So the transfer case issues. Do you think it’s from people leaving it in auto when they should be in 4H/L off road? Or a bad transfer case as a whole?
The t-case as a whole sucks or at least in my opinion. However, I do think the problem probably stems from people not shifting into 4WD when they should be. I’m thinking this may cause the clutch packs to wear out prematurely.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Ok. I have an appt with the dealer Monday. I uninstalled the Tazer and the light went out and the transfer case appears to be operating normally. Any advise?

Why1504

Caught the Bug
I emailed Tazer. They have suggested the Tazer may have gotten confused and be causing the problems. I plan to cancel my appointment with the dealer and re-install the Tazer to see if the issue continues or goes away.

Top Bottom