Running 37' Tires

familytime2

While running these larger size tires,i found during off-roading it sometimes becomes hard to steer.Question,will upgrading steer pump help or should we go with a ram assist upgrade...your input please

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Both. You need to upgrade to Ram assist and get the pump. Eddie was saying the other day that Rubicat has the PSC assist and so does Moby, but Moby has the pump and it is way easier. So get both.

familytime2

Both. You need to upgrade to Ram assist and get the pump. Eddie was saying the other day that Rubicat has the PSC assist and so does Moby, but Moby has the pump and it is way easier. So get both.
Has Eddie had any problems with overheating?It appears this is a problem with PSC...is Eddie running a cooler too?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While running these larger size tires,i found during off-roading it sometimes becomes hard to steer.Question,will upgrading steer pump help or should we go with a ram assist upgrade...your input please

You really need to get a ram assist and if you get something like a PSC kit, it'll come with a new pump. On 07-11 JK's, their kit works well. Up until recently, the 12-up kits didn't have a way to install a new pump and so we've just been running ours off the factory pump. Unfortunately, that alone doesn't work too well. I've been meaning to get the new bracket they sell for the pump but, haven't gotten around to it yet. Needless to say, I don't know how well it works.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Has Eddie had any problems with overheating?It appears this is a problem with PSC...is Eddie running a cooler too?

I am not running a cooler and haven't had any problems with mine over heating but, all the new PSC kits should come with a cooler now.

blazer

Caught the Bug
How do you know if it is over heating? My vent tube out the top goes down the side of the inner
fender and I do see evidence of fluid coming out. Check of the fluid in the big reservoir is sometimes
a little low and I just add a bit more.

Top Bottom