Rubiwho's 2014 JKU Rubicon Build

Rubiwho

Out of curiosity how long did it take you to install the AEV lift? Did you do it yourself and any trouble/tips you have? Lift is in the mail. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've done it twice a myself, both times the 3.5". First time it took about 11 hours, 5 on day 1 and 6 in day 2. It took about 9 the second go around. Very straight forward. The really isn't hard, it's all about the tools. I broke the track bar bolt on the second install... My torque bar wasn't clicking at 125 lbs, so I kept turning (knew something wasn't right)... snap... #%^#. Take 2 days, day 1 do the back and start the front. Day 2 finish the front and do the geo brackets and set pro-cal stuff. If your using Jack Stands and not a hydraulic lift you will be sore in the morning. Make sure you have the drill bits before you start. The bit for the knuckle was hard to find. Found it at Granger. When you do the brake lines you may think your missing something because the brakes line brackets don't remount, just zip tie them up. The second time I bought new extended brake lines and didn't use the drop down brackets.
Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rubiwho

Sweet looking JK, love those rims. Around how heavy are they, I hear they are very heavy.

Thanks,
47lbs for the wheel, the rim is 37lbs. The inside rubber bead is 10lbs. The 37" Goodyear Kevlar's are 72lbs for a combined 119 lbs.
I'm still on the stock 4.10 gears, no problem for daily driving and light wheeling. You loose the 6th gear (mines a manual)and a lot of torque. I'll be doing 5.13 in a couple of weeks when I have time to get it done, just been too busy.

rubicrawl

Wow great looking rig love the rims they look great those are the street legal bead locks right? Good job brotha

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Damn all 4 of those rigs are sick. Really cool how they're all close to the same height haha I can't wait to get a useful lift on my JK :D

Rubiwho

Finally got me 6th gear back.

5.13's - perfect
RCV Front axles
G2 Gold Chromoly's in the back
C Gussets
EVO Sleeves
Tom Woods 1310's - Front and Back

I wouldn't say I'm finished. But I probably won't add too much more. Just upgrade to new or different mods. May see this one for sale in the spring.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385125878.190325.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385125914.642723.jpg

Veetz

Hey that's a really great looking rig...great idea with the hinge pieces for the mirror...gonna take that idea...thanks

If you don't have a CB yell from your Jeep

Rubiwho

Thanks for the compliments. I am pretty happy with the results. The reason Jeeps are so great, everyone get to whatever they want to it. Ya, it can cost a bunch if you choose, but you don't have to. There is no other vehicle on the road that you mod out in so many different configurations and call it your own.

"Go Jeep", and thank you to all the hard working vendors that let us play by our own rules.

Rubiwho

Installed aFe Power Exhaust. MachForce 2.5" HiTuck SS-409 49-46212.

Couple before and after pics.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386364235.486741.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386364246.790345.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386364262.759214.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I love the subtle touches of red you used here. Not overboard or obnoxious. I have a black rig and I was trying to decide whether I kept it all black or add in some color. So many people tend to add accent colors to anything they can unbolt from their Jeep. But going with just the Spiderwebshade, shackle bolts, Factor55 link and the hi-jack in red really stands out well without going crazy.

Did you ever use Overlander's suggestion to get the seat covers in red, or just do the Rubicon letter stiching in red too?

Top Bottom