Recommendations for Wheels

teamambrose74

We would like to get new rims. We want to run 17s but not sure what width and backspacing we should get. Also, any brand recommendations (quality) with pros and cons are appreciated.

sugarbear_jt

Oh, just some information. Stock on the JL at least, backspacing is set at 6" (with stock wheels) - which have a +44mm offset.

I am using the Black Rhino Abrams wheels, which are -18mm offset, 4.54" backspacing. They are a 17 x 9.5" wheel. My wife is using a Black Rhino Warlord wheel, 17 x 8", 30mm offset, with a 5.7" backspacing (she has a JLU) with a 2" lift, and running 285/70R17 tyres.

I think for me at least, I would have gone with a 17 x 8.5" and 0mm offset, but I loved the look of the Abrams so... they won! They look better on my Gladiator than they did on my Willy's JLU.

Upvote 0

teamambrose74

Oh, just some information. Stock on the JL at least, backspacing is set at 6" (with stock wheels) - which have a +44mm offset.

I am using the Black Rhino Abrams wheels, which are -18mm offset, 4.54" backspacing. They are a 17 x 9.5" wheel. My wife is using a Black Rhino Warlord wheel, 17 x 8", 30mm offset, with a 5.7" backspacing (she has a JLU) with a 2" lift, and running 285/70R17 tyres.

I think for me at least, I would have gone with a 17 x 8.5" and 0mm offset, but I loved the look of the Abrams so... they won! They look better on my Gladiator than they did on my Willy's JLU.
Thank you!

Upvote 0
Top Bottom