rear locker indicates locked

Hello Everybody. I have 2022 Jeep Rubicon Gladator. I have rear locker indicator light binking on. I didnt turn it on and wont turn offst time this happened, I brought to dealer and they replace e locker saying it was locked on. Now its happening again. I can e1 ovker going bad but 2? I want to know if o else has had this issue. I also have to drain my tank because last time I took to the dealer, the left my jeep with low fuel indicator light no. I never have less thwn half a tank. So I dont want to give them free gas. Oh, gladiaotr has 31k miles
Any help would be great.

NPC 6060⁸42

Yeah same happened to me at about 20 k Dealer had to change the sensor. Z automotive makes a bypass if your out of warantee and don’t want to buy a sensor.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
My understanding is - you still can't buy the sensor separately, or the locker, and dealers have been replacing whole axle assemblies to remedy this (way overkill). I already ordered these and plan on keeping them in the glovebox when they arrive.

*EDIT* - Was wondering if i just install them as soon as they get in (even though I do not have any problems now) if it will hurt anything ?

My understanding is - you still can't buy the sensor separately, or the locker, and dealers have been replacing whole axle assemblies to remedy this (way overkill). I already ordered these and plan on keeping them in the glovebox when they arrive.

*EDIT* - Was wondering if i just install them as soon as they get in (even though I do not have any problems now) if it will hurt anything ?
They were replacing the axles at first but then they got the sensor replacements. Only problem is they have been on back order from the start. I believe the replacements aren’t potted either. Haha

jeeeep

Hooked

won't hurt anything as long as you do it right.

NPC 6060⁸42

Won’t hurt anything but you can’t use the lockers. Dealer had one when I took mine in under waranty I should probably take it out and pot it because from what Ive read they havent updated anything so it will most likely happen again. Worst part for me was dealer kept my vehicle for four days to “troubleshoot” the issue.

jeeeep

Hooked
Won’t hurt anything but you can’t use the lockers. Dealer had one when I took mine in under waranty I should probably take it out and pot it because from what Ive read they havent updated anything so it will most likely happen again. Worst part for me was dealer kept my vehicle for four days to “troubleshoot” the issue.
which is why I went the Z Automotive option, dealer told me they would need to keep the JLU for 2 days, but they had to order the sensor and would call me.... 4 months later they called; I had the Z Automotive ordered received and installed next day.

Top Bottom