New Jeep addicts in TX! Me and my boys!

Majik

So I just wanted to say hi and introduce ourselves... you all have a great community here and we can't wait to contribute in our own way! My boys, Noah and Chandler, are 6 and almost 2, respectively, and they help me with every project I undertake. We have just bought our first Jeep, after several attempts to turn prior vehicles into our off-road dreams, with mixed success. It's hard to build a family vehicle that will take anything you throw at it! But with this new Jeep, we finally hit the nail on the head! What a perfect platform for our build-up!!

We like to really tear into stuff and aren't afraid to take apart a new Jeep, so I hope we get some really good pics to post, in anyone is interested.

So we ordered a Gecko Green 2012 JKU Rubicon. We've done alot of just fun little mods to it so far...stuff the boys could bolt on with me. Here's a pic of them at work:
IMG_1479.jpg IMG_1489.jpg IMG_1594.jpg

Stuff done so far:
- 4 camera, industrial-quality exterior camera setup (so we can see all views around the jeep) with 7" monitor for all in the jeep to see
- custom fab'd power distribution panel (pics to come)
- Lightforce 50w HID long range lights
- Uniden HomePatrol touchscreen scanner, mounted nicely up front :)
- White Knuckle Offroad rock sliders - frame mounted. We have (and helped measure for) the first custom set that retains the factory Rubicon rock rails! These are seriously stout!
- various little stuff like hood lifts, turnbuckle hood latches, shifter knob replacements, etc
- aluminum grille inserts (which are surprising good at protecting your radiator from rocks!!)
- interior grab handles
- interior lighting
- fire extinguisher and mount
- switch panels

Stuff on the way this week:
- Metalcloak front and rear bumpers and tire carrier
- Rigid LED lights for front and rear

Stuff upcoming:
- Manual front hub conversion
- RCV upgraded axles
- Wheels, tires, lift

We are trying to be smart in our build and not just rush to the lift, wheels, and tires we desperately want to see on the Jeep. Want to get the hubs converted first (because of the bolt pattern change) so we don't have to order new rims later if we changed the hubs. Soooo.... everything has it's proper order to be done...

Well, we've done more than our share of an introduction, so I'll stop now :) I foresee our new Jeep as alot more than just a vehicle for us. It already feels like something that we are going to explore the country with and really get some great family time in... can't wait!

Thanks for listening...

Adam, Noah, and Chandler

Robar

The Enforcer
Sounds like a great family build. Welcome to Wayalife and don't be shy with the pics. :standing wave:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Welcome. Like to see a family man joining this family. Congrats on your Jeep and I wish you many memorable experiences which I'm sure you and your family will have exploring this great country.

Majik

Just a quick pic of our last project (non-Jeep)... (hope it's ok to mention here)

Guys before test drive (5).jpg Line-X done (14).jpg Line-X done (39).jpg

In these pics it rides on 37x13.5s, with NO RUB at full flex, and NO LIFT. That was the purpose of that build. A prerunner-style, long suspension travel with little lift setup.

We do most of our own fab, except where time constraints limit it :) Kinda hard to custom build EVERYTHING when there are 2 little ones to raise, too. That was part of the reason for the Jeep...to have a vehicle with a HUGE aftermarket of high quality stuff so we could build it the way we wanted, but not have to fab everything from scratch... and still have a family-friendly daily driver. An 8500 lb megacab diesel, although we had the best of intentions, did not end up as family friendly as we had hoped.

But the kids had a blast building it with me, and getting it airborne often :)

Can't wait to get this Jeep project further along!!!! We are addicted already!

Majik

Thanks, guys!!

Here's a pic of Noah working on it when we were fabbing the bed cage/frame:

Noah Helping (23).jpg Noah Helping (19).jpg

Couldn't have done it without him!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Welcome! Nothing better than spending family time doing something you all enjoy. That's a great looking truck...can't wait to see what you fab up for the gecko.

Majik

We do miss the truck at times, too. But we have lots of pics, great memories, and lots of new knowledge to apply for the Jeep!!
BTW, our Metalcloak bumpers came in today and all I can say is WOW!!! What an awesome company!! They must have spent $150 on packing materials. They obviously care about their products!! And the quality is astounding!!

More to come...

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome! My kids appreciate all of the hellos!!

Top Bottom