New Again

matt

Caught the Bug
Hi WAL peeps! Hope everyone’s day was a positive one!

Let me tell you a little about myself and why I'm posting. I was here once before, I'm not very chatty so mostly a lurker, spent more time on the old site as this one was brand new. I've been on a couple of the WAL New Year runs in the past as well, so fun and relaxing. :) I've had a few Jeeps and Toyotas so I’m not new to Jeeps or wheeling in general, although it’s been almost 10 years since I've been on a trail on 4 wheels and even longer on 2. My last run on the Rubicon was not the best memory as it was a dark time for me and shortly after I sold the JK. I've been missing the good times, the comraderie and meeting new people out on the trail, I have so many fond memories.

Today I'm looking to start a new again and get back at something I really enjoyed doing. I'm looking at new Jeeps and trying to decide if I want a new JL, I really wish Jeep would have made a 2dr JT. :sadface: As always in the beginning I'm telling myself that I want to keep this a modest setup, however I tend to overbuild and over think things constantly. So hopefully I can keep this reasonable.

This will not be a daily, more of a weekend and good weather top/doors off kind of driver for me. No commuting with this Jeep. I wheel with a light foot and tend to not be in a rush most of the time and usually when wheeling its been with a small group so we are not in a hurry and breakdowns are part of the adventure. I've decided to go back to a manual this time around, not sure if I'm going to regret that but time will tell. I test drove one but really need to get it on some rocks to know for sure, initially I didn’t care for the clutch but as we all know there are aftermarket solutions for just about everything.

Here is what I am considering putting on order:

2024 - JL Rubicon
  • 2 Door JL Rubicon
  • Manual
  • 4:88
  • Dual Door Group with Premium Uppers - nothing fits and seals like an OEM
  • Hard/Soft Tops
  • Conveniance Group
  • Technology Group
I was thinking leather seats, but I hear they are fully electric adjustable now so not sure what to think about that.

I haven’t decided on color although I'm leaning towards getting white and maybe wrapping it. I’m jut not crazy about any of the other colors available at the moment. Maybe I'll wait to order until mid-year, do they still do the mid-year color changes like they were doing on the JK?

Tires, looking small and skinny 37's or maybe just some 35's. I'm not sure which way to go on this either.

Anyways, thats about it for now so keep the shiny side up and with any luck I'll see you on the trail. ;)

--
Matt

PS: Sorry if i posed in the wrong section, mods please move if need be.

welcome, J6 rumors are alive again for 2024.

Wondering if Stellantis will even shows up at EJS this year.

IMO, their French snobbery towards Americans show thru more and more each year.
That’s what I was thinking, at this rate will they even attend their own traditional outings? Sad to see.

NPC 6060⁸42

Welcome back. I wanted manual also but ended up with the auto after a couple test drives. That being said Ive Only driven the JT. So ymmv.

Check if you should add the "tow package" to that. It is not just about towing.

The keyless/proximity entry feature is one that I can not imagine going without. Not so useful for a soft-top or half-doors though.

Rumour has it that it will be possible to order a 2-door with 35s and 4.88s.

Welcome back to the forum and world of jeeping from Texas (and Arizona)!

Top Bottom