Need Some Help- Vacuum lines- how to run/set up

gfrench

This is all new to me and need some advice/directions on how best to run all the vacuum lines on my 76 258 engine.

Want to make sure I run the lines properly and to add in my new Delorean 4 port Charcoal Canister.

Here are some pics and layout on what I see for the whole set up and all the different vacuum ports/items on my engine.

Start with the new DUI Distributor- Has one line (Vacuum Advance) old set up plugged into the old Carb.

New Weber 38 carb has 3 ports- Fuel Inlet- Vapor Vent to Canister and the small Vacuum Advance port- guessing my distributor vacuum advance line plug into this port on the Carb right?

Next- two openings in Valve Cover- Rear hole just vents to a PCV filter to/into the back of old stock air cleaner
Font has PCV Valve-hose runs to side/ into Manifold

On the Driver Side Engine Block is a Threaded 2 port Plastic fitting it is broke off so will need to replace- Is this referred to as the CTO Ported Vac Switch?

On the Stock Air Cleaner there is the small port nipple on the front underside snorkel-

Lastly there is a pinched off port on top of the Exhaust Manifold... guessing this was used for Choke purposes... New Weber 38 has electric Choke so guessing this Exhaust port would not be needed and can just be blocked off?

Sure this is pretty straight forward but first time going thru this and want to make sure I attached everything correctly and the Canister does it job in the correct way.

WJCO

Meme King
Start with the new DUI Distributor- Has one line (Vacuum Advance) old set up plugged into the old Carb.

New Weber 38 carb has 3 ports- Fuel Inlet- Vapor Vent to Canister and the small Vacuum Advance port- guessing my distributor vacuum advance line plug into this port on the Carb right?

The instructions with your distributor should say to hook it up to either PORTED or MANIFOLD vacuum. Most advances are hooked up to ported vacuum (above the throttle plate).

Lastly there is a pinched off port on top of the Exhaust Manifold... guessing this was used for Choke purposes... New Weber 38 has electric Choke so guessing this Exhaust port would not be needed and can just be blocked off?

That may have been for EGR. Was the engine running an EGR prior?

Top Bottom