My new on board air....

MojaveMike

Caught the Bug
Just received my new air compressor. I ordered the Rough Country Portable Twin Air Compressor. Haven't used it yet, but looks like a direct knock off of the ARB. Will see how it does long term, does come with a warranty. Nice heavy duty case. Will most likely transfer it down the road to the Jeep permanently.
$479 on Amazon and directly from Rough Country.

IMG_9252.jpg IMG_9253.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
The case is super sturdy. 4 latches. 1 on either side and two in the middle. The handle is nice too.

Just tested one wheel 15psi to 37psi in 1:42 mins. Not bad.
I wonder if the sale of Rough Country in 2021 created some kind of cross-product with ARB.

This is what's I'm looking to get for the JT.

I've used the onboard air on the JLU just around town more than I thought I would; mostly helping people at the gas station I frequent since the pay-for-air seems to be out of service more often than not.

MojaveMike

Caught the Bug
I wonder if the sale of Rough Country in 2021 created some kind of cross-product with ARB.

This is what's I'm looking to get for the JT.

I've used the onboard air on the JLU just around town more than I thought I would; mostly helping people at the gas station I frequent since the pay-for-air seems to be out of service more often than not.
They also have just the twin compressor. It was $316 or so. I got this one so I could use it right away. Possibly mounting it permanently down the road.

I didn’t know Rough Country got sold. I don’t believe it’s just a rebranded ARB. I just think it’s a good clone.

On my 1991 YJ I converted the AC compressor to OB Air. It worked so well I was airing my tires and the 3 or 4 other guys that I was wheeling withs tired too.

Top Bottom