Multiple Trips in Utah and Colorado

unicornsandrainbows

Caught the Bug
For the last year my husband and I have been running trails and overlanding alone. It has come to our attention that it would be nice to share trips with other like-minded individuals. That is a big part of why I joined this forum.

So at the risk of this post sounding like an online dating ad, here goes.

We live in northern Utah and typically go on a trip every other weekend and holidays all summer, fall and into winter. We are very flexible on weekends and can easily change dates to fit schedules.

Now for the personal stuff so you know who you could be exploring and sharing a campsite with.

- We drive a lot and suck at staying at camp. Camping is a by-product of wanting to be in the middle of nowhere. If you are one who likes to set up at 3pm and hang out, you will likely hate our travel style.
- Our Jeep is a 2022 Gladiator Mojave with a 2" lift and 35s. She is built to desert run, not crawl, and there are trails we regularly drive 50+ mph. We limit trails to 6 or lower and are always prepared to turn around if we reach a obstacle that is above our paygrade.
- Flexibility must be emphasized once again. Trails, destinations, etc can change in the middle of a trip.
- We navigate by coffee shops and good food and will go on a trip just to get something we like. For instance, we went to Escalante to get a latte at Kiva Koffeehouse this weekend. Took all of the dirt we could to get there and back.
- Hiking is not a focus but is subject to occuring, some Jeep trails lead to places only accessible on foot. That said, I won't hike where I can drive a Jeep, that would be silly.
- Bonus if you like to cook and want to share in camp cooking. I am not one to survive off freeze-dried meals.

Next two trips will be in the San Rafael/Hanksville area to include the Devil's Racetrack, Fix-It Pass, Factory Butte, and Cathedral Valley trails.
On the list this year is sections of the Utah, Idaho and Colorado BDRs, Maze Distrct, Saw Tooths, White Rim, Rim Rocker, Imogene and Black Bear passes, Northern Rockies area, Anza-Borrego and Mojave Desert, just to scratch the surface.

Enough of me rambling, feel free to ask any questions or let me know if you would like to join a trip!

unicornsandrainbows

Caught the Bug
Let us know when you’re going to run Black bear, alpine loop. We live just 1.5 hrs south of the loop. We have run all those trails for the last 20 years.
It would be awesome to go with a local! It is looking like it will be July before that area is thawed out. Is that typically what you see? Of course with this winter, that may be a bit on the positive side.

Jackboeker83

For the last year my husband and I have been running trails and overlanding alone. It has come to our attention that it would be nice to share trips with other like-minded individuals. That is a big part of why I joined this forum.

So at the risk of this post sounding like an online dating ad, here goes.

We live in northern Utah and typically go on a trip every other weekend and holidays all summer, fall and into winter. We are very flexible on weekends and can easily change dates to fit schedules.

Now for the personal stuff so you know who you could be exploring and sharing a campsite with.

- We drive a lot and suck at staying at camp. Camping is a by-product of wanting to be in the middle of nowhere. If you are one who likes to set up at 3pm and hang out, you will likely hate our travel style.
- Our Jeep is a 2022 Gladiator Mojave with a 2" lift and 35s. She is built to desert run, not crawl, and there are trails we regularly drive 50+ mph. We limit trails to 6 or lower and are always prepared to turn around if we reach a obstacle that is above our paygrade.
- Flexibility must be emphasized once again. Trails, destinations, etc can change in the middle of a trip.
- We navigate by coffee shops and good food and will go on a trip just to get something we like. For instance, we went to Escalante to get a latte at Kiva Koffeehouse this weekend. Took all of the dirt we could to get there and back.
- Hiking is not a focus but is subject to occuring, some Jeep trails lead to places only accessible on foot. That said, I won't hike where I can drive a Jeep, that would be silly.
- Bonus if you like to cook and want to share in camp cooking. I am not one to survive off freeze-dried meals.

Next two trips will be in the San Rafael/Hanksville area to include the Devil's Racetrack, Fix-It Pass, Factory Butte, and Cathedral Valley trails.
On the list this year is sections of the Utah, Idaho and Colorado BDRs, Maze Distrct, Saw Tooths, White Rim, Rim Rocker, Imogene and Black Bear passes, Northern Rockies area, Anza-Borrego and Mojave Desert, just to scratch the surface.

Enough of me rambling, feel free to ask any questions or let me know if you would like to join a trip!
I have a trip planned the end of July through August to that area. Feel free to tag along. Once it gets closer I will revive the thread and ask for people to join.

unicornsandrainbows

Caught the Bug
I have a trip planned the end of July through August to that area. Feel free to tag along. Once it gets closer I will revive the thread and ask for people to join.

A couple days on that trip are on my radar, particularly the CO 28th-30th days. Black Bear makes me a little nervous and would be awesome to do with more rigs. Just a matter of getting that Friday off work.
The Moab portion is a bit above my Jeep's level, but we have been wanting to give her a go on Poison Spider (we would just not join on the full trifecta) so that day may work as well.

onlyone

It would be awesome to go with a local! It is looking like it will be July before that area is thawed out. Is that typically what you see? Of course with this winter, that may be a bit on the positive side.
Probably a few by that time but I’ll bet black bear and Imogene won’t be plowed open until late July.

GP NOIR

Hooked
A couple days on that trip are on my radar, particularly the CO 28th-30th days. Black Bear makes me a little nervous and would be awesome to do with more rigs. Just a matter of getting that Friday off work.
The Moab portion is a bit above my Jeep's level, but we have been wanting to give her a go on Poison Spider (we would just not join on the full trifecta) so that day may work as well.
You can do a lot of wheeling in Moab in a stock rig without beating it up. Much of Hell’s Revenge and Fins & Things can be done in a stock rig.

My wife and I are a bit south of SLC. We’re not too far Five Mile Pass, Little Moab, Pony Express Trail, Squaw Peak and about three hours from Sand Hollow, Tocquerville Falls and Moab. It would be fun to have other Jeepers join us.

On the 5th or 6th of May, I’ll be heading to Moab for a few days and meet up with my brother. You’re welcome to meet up with us.

unicornsandrainbows

Caught the Bug
I will try and keep an eye out as we get closer to these dates. The Moab trip sounds like fun, and Anza and the Mojave are pretty close to home.
Anza and Mojave are tentatively planned for the week of Christmas to New Year. It's a fair drive and we usually plan our most extended trips for that week because work is slow. We are not ones to spend holidays with family...

unicornsandrainbows

Caught the Bug
You can do a lot of wheeling in Moab in a stock rig without beating it up. Much of Hell’s Revenge and Fins & Things can be done in a stock rig.

My wife and I are a bit south of SLC. We’re not too far Five Mile Pass, Little Moab, Pony Express Trail, Squaw Peak and about three hours from Sand Hollow, Tocquerville Falls and Moab. It would be fun to have other Jeepers join us.

On the 5th or 6th of May, I’ll be heading to Moab for a few days and meet up with my brother. You’re welcome to meet up with us.
There are definitely a few trails we could do, even with the mile-long wheelbase.

I found your Moab thread, I'll respond to you there so the details are in one spot.

Top Bottom