MOAB/Colorado July 24 - August 4 (Complete)

Jackboeker83

The 2.0, and the 3.6 both have the cooler mounted in front of the frame crossmember/under the radiator. Yours is mounted under the frame crossmember, which will definitely result in your lines being chewed up. Does the 3.0 not allow recommended placement? I've included PSC instructions as well as a picture of my set up so that you can get an idea of where it should go.

View attachment 393825

View attachment 393826
It definitely wasn't installed correctly by the shop. I think the issue (my Jeep is still being shipped back to NY) I moved the sway bar disconnect into that space to give me more clearance so the shop just put it there. I should have done more research when I saw it but I was assured I wouldn't have any clearance issues. Everything that gave me issues on this trip was the things I didn't install myself. Such a pain.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Gotcha! I just installed the PSC kit on my JL, and knew there was no way that the lines should hit the cooler, or that the cooler would get beat up. Another interesting note, your ram lines are different than mine. Mine are encased in protective braided sleeves.

Jackboeker83

Gotcha! I just installed the PSC kit on my JL, and knew there was no way that the lines should hit the cooler, or that the cooler would get beat up. Another interesting note, your ram lines are different than mine. Mine are encased in protective braided sleeves.
Yes the shop made them. They are the ones where you can cut the line and shove the line into the adapter and the screw it in to make your own lines. I could have fixed the line as soon as it cooled down but I would have ran into the same problem for the rest of the trip so I decided to take them off. I was debating on letting the shop install it while they were doing the lift or doing it myself and figured they had to know what they were doing... I was wrong and a lesson was learned. Needless to say I will be doing all the repairs myself.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I feel your pain. I hate letting others work on my vehicles. The only thing that I don't know how to do is weld. When I had a large 4X4 shop install my LA brackets several years ago, they fucked it up. Both rear brackets broke the first time out and had to be replaced. Of course everything was done on their dime. New brackets, towing bill, and a full refund for all work done.

Top Bottom