Mapping N. California through Oregon to Washington advice..

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Years ago I read a story about driving pretty much all off-road from Northern California through (the off-road part) Oregon to Washington. Something like 900 miles. Can't seem to find any info now. Any suggestions on how to map a trip like this? When I eventually come home for good I plan on taking a long road trip or trail trip. I am kind of planning something like starting on the Mojave road, Sand Hallow, Moab then over to the Rubicon Trail. And then through Oregon on the trails and service roads on my way to Washington to visit some old friends. Thanks

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Years ago I read a story about driving pretty much all off-road from Northern California through (the off-road part) Oregon to Washington. Something like 900 miles. Can't seem to find any info now. Any suggestions on how to map a trip like this? When I eventually come home for good I plan on taking a long road trip or trail trip. I am kind of planning something like starting on the Mojave road, Sand Hallow, Moab then over to the Rubicon Trail. And then through Oregon on the trails and service roads on my way to Washington to visit some old friends. Thanks

I remember The Smoking Tire did something like that in their All Cars Go T Heaven movie several years back with cheap cars. Not sure if there is a map of it though.

bhaner

There is a trail system called the "Backcountry Discovery Route". At least in Washington state (WaBDR). Goes from the Oregon border to the Canadian border. I have done everything north of Lake Chelan.

It is mostly logging roads.

There are a few websites with the GPS tracks.

Here is a video I took with my drone of the section north of highway 20. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPx7oYpG44

Last edited:
Top Bottom