Man-made obstacles for an off-road park?

darkscion0

Greetings! The province that I live in has no solid rock and land utilization is very high. What this means is there are no public trails other than a handful of poorly maintained government logging roads and roads that are that are long forgotten and we have no official trail system. We're looking at approaching various land owners for permission to create trails on their land. I'm looking into the possibility of using a small plot of land to start an off-road park.

Two obstacles so far would be a mud pit and a "tire hill" such as the one from the Heartland JK Experience run.

Anyone else have suggestions for some man-made obstacles?

Thanks!

I have seen concrete pipes, and actual bolders thrown in a pit, look on YouTube for TDS training area, and hungry valley training area, both have man made stuff.

Last edited:
Do you have land owners interested? I'm sure there is a lot of legal and liability issues to work out too.

Do you have land owners interested? I'm sure there is a lot of legal and liability issues to work out too.

The unfortunate part is that up until recently it has not been an official community. We're only now looking into becoming an official club with a charter and such. Right now everything is only at the discussion stage and relies heavily on the majority agreeing on how to pursue it.

The unfortunate part is that up until recently it has not been an official community. We're only now looking into becoming an official club with a charter and such. Right now everything is only at the discussion stage and relies heavily on the majority agreeing on how to pursue it.
I hope you all get something going up there! What province?

Prince Edward Island. Luckily there are organized clubs, rocks and rated trails 4ish hours away in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.

Quick update. After a bit of research we discovered that the provincial government here recently change regulations so that land owners cannot be help liable for what happens on their lands, either with or without their permission. One less hurdle to overcome.

Top Bottom