LiPo Jump Starter?

sm31

Any advice or recommendations on purchasing a lightweight LiPo jump starter? They're all over Amazon for less than $100 but given that they're all Chinese made crap, I'm doubt any of them are actually reliable. Can anyone recommend a reputable brand to check out? Thanks!

PS: "Designed in the USA" doesn't count. Hell, nearly everything is designed here... and the designs are promptly stolen. Lol... 😒

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Any advice or recommendations on purchasing a lightweight LiPo jump starter? They're all over Amazon for less than $100 but given that they're all Chinese made crap, I'm doubt any of them are actually reliable. Can anyone recommend a reputable brand to check out? Thanks!
I have this one, only have had to jump start my mower with it though.

NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, Car Battery Booster Pack, Portable Power Bank Charger, and Jumper Cables for up to 6-Liter Gasoline and 3-Liter Diesel Engines https://a.co/d/cziFs3h

sm31

NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, Car Battery Booster Pack, Portable Power Bank Charger, and Jumper Cables for up to 6-Liter Gasoline and 3-Liter Diesel Engines https://a.co/d/cziFs3h

Thank you sir! For some items, if they work reliably I don't really care where they're made. After all my tough talk, I'm really just a slut sometimes. 😂

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thank you sir! For some items, if they work reliably I don't really care where they're made. After all my tough talk, I'm really just a slut sometimes. 😂
Sorry, missed the part about wanting a USA made product. I used their battery tenders for my clients before I got this jump starter. All of their products are quality thus far.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a NOCO boost HD I use daily at work. Works great for the diesels with dual batteries I usually have to jump. I got it off of Amazon
image.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I've got both.

The 1st NOCOS I bought I was leaving in the Jeep but the summer heat was too much for it, as I was driving I heard a pop but took a few days to realize it was the case on the NOCOS that cracked open because the battery was swollen, they replaced it after I sent them a photo.

The NexPow seems to work just as well with similar safety feature and has it's own case.
Jumped the dead JK battery no issues - the battery had been dead for over a week and I purposely left dead to test the new charger with.

I wouldn't leave either in the vehicle long term but I take it on trips and leave it in there while on the road.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I have a NOCO boost HD I use daily at work. Works great for the diesels with dual batteries I usually have to jump. I got it off of Amazon
View attachment 380732
I have the GBX55 1750A... Haven't had to jump a car yet... but it did run a GoPro yesterday at my sons 3 game baseball tournament. I'm recharging it right now. I like the size of it... packs easy under the rear seat of the Jeep. Only thing I don't like is no lockout button for the light... it could accidentally get turned on fairly easy.

Torrin

I read a lot of reviews and settled on a GOOLOO GT4000S, it has enough boost power to turn over my TRX when it is dead as a door nail and still has 80% left. Seems to be a quality unit, but it is expensive.

I have the NOCO Boost X GBX75. It seems really nice but have not used it yet (knock on wood). It charges via USB-C and can also charge USB-C and traditional USB devices. There is a built in light which seems useful.

PXL_20221014_170342202.jpg

Top Bottom