Leaking Oil - Any idea where this oil could be coming from?

BigWilly2015

3 weeks ago I had an oil change and brake job done on my 2015 JK. A few days ago I notice a small puddle of dark brown (no sent) oil under the jeep after sitting overnight. The leak has continued since. After looking under the jeep I now see plenty of oil residue, and it appears to run up the back of the engine/tranny... I have attached a few pics. Any clue what this could be? 20210401_135145.jpg 20210401_135115.jpg 20210401_135103.jpg 20210401_135137.jpg

Likely culprit would be the oil cooler assembly under the intake. Known for leaking. Also, pull the engine cover off and from the driver side, look at the back of the engine. There is a breather hose back there that can work loose and make a big mess of things.

Upvote 0

JT@623

Hooked
I am assuming you had this done at a shop ? Have you checked levels in both ? I’ve seen them overfilled and if spilled it can take it a bit to hit the ground . Engine oil will find a way out if overfilled .

Upvote 0

BigWilly2015

Likely culprit would be the oil cooler assembly under the intake. Known for leaking. Also, pull the engine cover off and from the driver side, look at the back of the engine. There is a breather hose back there that can work loose and make a big mess of things.

Thanks. Going to check this in the morning. Keeping fingers crossed 🤞.

Upvote 0

BigWilly2015

I am assuming you had this done at a shop ? Have you checked levels in both ? I’ve seen them overfilled and if spilled it can take it a bit to hit the ground . Engine oil will find a way out if overfilled .

Yes, had the oil changed in the shop. I did check the levels, but that wasn't until after I noticed a bunch of oil leaked out the other day... and the level was normal. Hopeful that's what it was though and the problem fixes itself... Guess I'll find out if I keep waking up to oil lol.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom