Is this an old Wayalife Jeep?

bl17z90

Saw it on Quadratec's website while looking for some random goodies.

66584-add3-lg.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
didn't realize you guys supported Quadratec :bleh:

Actually, way back in the day, they used to pay us for our write-ups. This shot was taken for Off Road Only right after they came out with their LED tail lights. We did a write-up for them and they asked to use our photos.

bl17z90

Wow sweet deal there. I love how close quadratec is to me here in Maryland. It's usually 1 day shipping but they usually destroy me with how much their shipping prices are.:naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow sweet deal there. I love how close quadratec is to me here in Maryland. It's usually 1 day shipping but they usually destroy me with how much their shipping prices are.:naw:

Bummer. Do they not have a will call?

bl17z90

I did come across another forum that Quadratec has a rep on and if i order through him the shipping is free. Sometimes if i just mention that I am a member of that forum they will give me free shipping over the phone which is much quicker than pming their account on the forum. :thumb:

I could drive up there to pick parts up but at that point (2-3 hour drive) the gas isn't worth the shipping prices.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did come across another forum that Quadratec has a rep on and if i order through him the shipping is free. Sometimes if i just mention that I am a member of that forum they will give me free shipping over the phone which is much quicker than pming their account on the forum. :thumb:

I could drive up there to pick parts up but at that point (2-3 hour drive) the gas isn't worth the shipping prices.

That's cool. More time than not, I use 4WD.com over Quadratec as I've found Bustabiz over on JKF to have much better prices than Qtech even after free shipping. He's always been good about not being under sold. :yup:

bl17z90

As I'm sure its obvious I am new to the Jeepin Life so when I bought a lot of my first mods all I knew about was Quadratec, but by reading these forums and talking to new people I meet, I am learning that it isn't always the best choice. Hell I have even found things on amazon that I want to get in the future. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I'm sure its obvious I am new to the Jeepin Life so when I bought a lot of my first mods all I knew about was Quadratec, but by reading these forums and talking to new people I meet, I am learning that it isn't always the best choice. Hell I have even found things on amazon that I want to get in the future. :yup:

LOL!! Me too. Surprisingly, Amazon has some good prices on a lot of things :yup:

bl17z90

Yep yep. Hey next buy I want is actually the LOD rocker guards that you used to run. Where did you find them because the only place I see them is on their site.

I have come across a few that look very similar by companies by rugged ridge and smittybuilt but I'm not sure on their quality. I know if you guys ran the LOD than they must have tested well.

I like them for the fact that they are a rocker guard and a step together. Do you have another company with a similar product that you think might be superior?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep yep. Hey next buy I want is actually the LOD rocker guards that you used to run. Where did you find them because the only place I see them is on their site.

I have come across a few that look very similar by companies by rugged ridge and smittybuilt but I'm not sure on their quality. I know if you guys ran the LOD than they must have tested well.

I like them for the fact that they are a rocker guard and a step together. Do you have another company with a similar product that you think might be superior?

Yeah, we got them directly from LoD. We've tested out a lot of rocker guards and they're definitely one of our favorites. Built well, looks great and frame mounted. Super strong and functional.

bl17z90

Awesome. Last question for the night.....I hope.....Do you think the stock D30 front axle would be ok to run 35 Trail Grapplers if I had the EVO C Gussets? I remember you recommended these to me before but I don't recall if I mentioned that I wanted to go with 35's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. Last question for the night.....I hope.....Do you think the stock D30 front axle would be ok to run 35 Trail Grapplers if I had the EVO C Gussets? I remember you recommended these to me before but I don't recall if I mentioned that I wanted to go with 35's

C-gussets are a must if you don't want to bend them and so long as you leave your diff open, you should be good to go. If you do lock it up, try to stick with 4.88's or, if you do go with 5.13's, just try to be more aware of what you're doing.

bl17z90

Honestly I have thought about it and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stick with the stock 3.73's until I'm ready to jump to pro rocks coilovers and 37's but thats for much later in this Jeep's life. :yup:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
That's cool. More time than not, I use 4WD.com over Quadratec as I've found Bustabiz over on JKF to have much better prices than Qtech even after free shipping. He's always been good about not being under sold. :yup:

+1 on buying from Brian aka Bustabiz. I always use him these days. He usually even beats Dave @ Northridge's prices as well.

Jersey_Devil

I'll have to check that place out!

Top Bottom