iPhone clinometer

cmlrc

Ok, not sure how many people have already found this but I just installed an iPhone app called smittybuilt clinometer. This is a fun little app, once you calibrate it, it seems accurate. Here is a screen shot that shows kind of what it looks like.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362712391.233519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
It's not worth the $0.99 for me. If I have two wheels leaving the ground on one side, that might indicate I've reached my limit. CGM2 can confirm this too. It's more about the seat of your pants feel and WTF moment.

Last edited:

GCM 2

It's not worth the $0.99 for me. If I have two wheels leaving the ground on one side that might indicate I've reached my limit. CGM2 can confirm this too. It's more about the seat of your pants feel and WTF moment.

Haha! I got say he is correct. I have flopped or rolled a total of three rigs, a Sammy, a TJ and my JK. Lets just say I like to explore the "studio space" and push my boundaries. Each incident was in terrain that was extreme enough for me to have full concentration on spotters (the Samuri and the JK) the other was during a race (TJ). Inclinometers are kind of a novelty item, not saying don't buy one or the app, but as Mr Mckenna has mentioned you need to be able to get to the point where you can read terrain and feel the vehicles dynamics. Things like flops and rollovers happen for enough varying reasons that inclinometer is almost pointless, and because you won't be looking at it when the event happens, why even have one other than for the "gadget" effect. Cheers!

gouacats

Ok, not sure how many people have already found this but I just installed an iPhone app called smittybuilt clinometer. This is a fun little app, once you calibrate it, it seems accurate. Here is a screen shot that shows kind of what it looks like.
View attachment 18729

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I use this one...more for fun than anything else. My son enjoys watching it as we wheel.

Top Bottom