HOW TO: Properly Adjust 8 Adjustible Contol Arms

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply! Sounds like I have more measuring and cycling to do to really dial things in. I’ll likely start over from what my factory arms were and add incrementally from there until I get things set to a more realistic place.
Proper setup is to have your jounce stops make make full contact with your axle bump pads at full compression. Any adjustment beyond that is just for "looks" at ride height. You just want to make sure that a good amount of contact is still being made and without any interference. Typically, about 1/4" is all you need at 3"-4" of lift.

DaBank

Proper setup is to have your jounce stops make make full contact with your axle bump pads at full compression. Any adjustment beyond that is just for "looks" at ride height. You just want to make sure that a good amount of contact is still being made and without any interference. Typically, about 1/4" is all you need at 3"-4" of lift.
@wayoflife Would this apply to a 5" lift also?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
@wayoflife I have long arms.
LOL - awesome! Yes, remove the coils, raise your axle to full bump and set your lower control arms so that the jounce stops make full contact with the bump pads. From there, you can set your upper arms to the caster you prefer to run and pinion angle that you need in the rear.

Top Bottom