How many miles were on your TJ or LJ when you bought it.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Mine had 106k when I got it in 2014 I think it was. I had just cleared 120k when I started the engine swap and probably put on another 2k over the past year. Holding up remarkably well considering I keep tearing it apart and changing it further. Surprisingly I liked my ZJ better for on road but nothing compares to the TJ. FB_IMG_1570678114996.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

BeerGuzzler

I love my TJ, I got it with just over 90k miles, its at 131k now. Only issue I've had is a thermostat. The 4.0 straight 6 isn't no barn burner, but it is most definitely is a stump puller. I want to go to 33 tires, but I think I should upgrade the stock diffs 1st.
My jeep TJ.jpg

Last edited:
I love my TJ, I got it with just over 90k miles, its at 131k now. Only issue I've had is a thermostat. The 4.0 straight 6 isn't no barn burner, but it is most definitely is a stump puller. I want to go to 33 tires, but I think I should upgrade the stock diffs 1st.
View attachment 359972

They can handle 33s just fine as is. Especially if you have the rear 44. If you don't mind losing a few mpg's and you have a 5 spd you can even leave the 3.07 gears for awhile, just wont use 5th gear until you can regear it. Wouldnt do it with the auto though. haha

Leave it unlocked and will handle 35s and 4.56 gears no issue, locked might want to look at a few better axle parts like shafts and u joints. and lift kits... and fun parts...and..and...and....
Just empty every pocket 🤷*♂️

Top Bottom