Hood LED Light Bar

jking23

Hey all,

I'm on an LED kick.

I have mounted ditch lights and a 20" LED on the overrider of my bumper. Stoked so far.

Anyone here have a 30" bar mounted up in the center of the hood by the windshield wipers?

If so, how bad is the glare? It seems like it would be horrible but I'm looking for experiences and opinions on it.

TIA

Spazbyt

Hooked
Don't do it! My hood is mostly matt black and the glare was still unbearable. They may seem okay around town where there is so much ambient light that you don't notice the glare but once you are out on a moonless night they basically just blind you.

jking23

Don't do it! My hood is mostly matt black and the glare was still unbearable. They may seem okay around town where there is so much ambient light that you don't notice the glare but once you are out on a moonless night they basically just blind you.
Any idea if beam pattern mates a difference? Like was yours flood and maybe spot would have helped?

Spazbyt

Hooked
Mine was a "spot" but it was mounted so far back that the hood got most of the light. Honestly, all the hood lights are too small to really project so all they do is blow out your hood plus they are mounted too high to light up the road. Look, if you're just trying to burn a hole through your garage door or light the woods up like a UFO is landing they will definitely do that but if you're rolling down a dark road and worried about dear you won't use them.

jking23

Mine was a "spot" but it was mounted so far back that the hood got most of the light. Honestly, all the hood lights are too small to really project so all they do is blow out your hood plus they are mounted too high to light up the road. Look, if you're just trying to burn a hole through your garage door or light the woods up like a UFO is landing they will definitely do that but if you're rolling down a dark road and worried about dear you won't use them.
Good to know. They make a 50" bar for the hood and I was definitely tempted but couldn't help but wonder about the glare lol I have a 20" on the bumper overrider that is amazing so might leave it at that. Or, might try it and go for the UFO experience lmao

Top Bottom