HELLLLOOOO and a question

jt303

Buying a Gladiator this weekend, i'm specific to black, hard top and 6 speed. The 2 I have found that I've narrowed it down to have me in a bind, changing my mind so often. Opinions? Literally to the dollar same price.

2020 Overland, 8.4" screen (doesn't list off road pages on the sticker though, not sure if they all had that), pw, pl, hard top, alpine upgrade. 22k miles.

2023 Sport, 7" screen, no alpine, no power windows or power locks, does have the hard top. 9k miles. On a Jeep, I always side with newer and less miles, but, in this case I think the 22k is still low and love the idea of Alpine and pw pl. I dont think power windows or locks is a deal breaker, none of my jeeps have had it, but i dont love the 7" screen or alpine.

The 2023 does have upgraded fox suspension and the wifi hot spot which sounds cool to keep the kids quiet when we're in the middle of nowhere on a road trip.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE!

Regarding the Gladiator you're wanting to buy, I gotta say that as much as I love driving a manual and still own more than one Jeep with one, I can tell you that the automatic is WAAAAY better in terms of overall performance and off road capabilities. Also, in the event you don't know, there is a recall on the manual and with NO date as to when a fix will be available for it. Just something to think about before spending money on one.

jt303

Thats awesome and I have no doubt, but, manual is an absolute requirement for me with Jeeps. I lose all the fun factor persoanlly with an automatic.

NPC 6060⁸42

Not really an expert but I do own a Galdiator. Power windows make way more sense than wifi IMO you can always use cellphone hotspot. Not to complicate things you do need to drive the auto it has a manual mode and with two extra gears than the manual is great offroad and not as hateful as most autos.

jt303

Owning one qualifies as expert to me. I know I'm stubborn about that, it's genuinely got to be the 6 speed for me but great feedback on the wifi. I guess the real advantage of the 23 for me is thats a 23, but, 22k miles on a 20 shouldnt scare me. Thanks for the help!

jeeeep

Hooked
Buying a Gladiator this weekend, i'm specific to black, hard top and 6 speed. The 2 I have found that I've narrowed it down to have me in a bind, changing my mind so often. Opinions? Literally to the dollar same price.

2023 Sport, 7" screen, no alpine, no power windows or power locks, does have the hard top. 9k miles. On a Jeep, I always side with newer and less miles, but, in this case I think the 22k is still low and love the idea of Alpine and pw pl. I dont think power windows or locks is a deal breaker, none of my jeeps have had it, but i dont love the 7" screen or alpine.

The 2023 does have upgraded fox suspension and the wifi hot spot which sounds cool to keep the kids quiet when we're in the middle of nowhere on a road trip.
hot spot works no different than your phone, if the phone has no service, hot spot won't have service.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Welcome to wayalife

I wouldn’t but the 2023 for the lack of power windows/locks and bigger yet, the lack of the bigger screen. Not way I would go back to the crappy 7”.

NPC 6060⁸42

Seriously 22k is nothing on a 20 any other differences? Color? interior condition? Really the only reason I could think to get the 23 over the 20 would be warranty. If it were me I'd probably still opt for the power windows and locks .

Top Bottom