Heading to Frisco Colorado

jal

Hey all - we are going to Frisco Co. for a coupe of weeks and wanted to get some input for some fun Jeep Trails.
Maybe a couple of long trails that run from Point A to Point B ?
Thanks in advance

onlyone

Hey all - we are going to Frisco Co. for a coupe of weeks and wanted to get some input for some fun Jeep Trails.
Maybe a couple of long trails that run from Point A to Point B ?
Thanks in advance
Not sure you’ll find many long trails open right now. There might be a couple small ones open by Breckinridge. Maybe Hagerman pass up in Leadville. I seriously doubt the big ones will be open until after 4th of July. You can check Bushducks for trails and openings.

Reactions: jal

boardsurfer

Mosquito Pass would fit the bill. Can be run either direction over the mountain from Leadville to Fairplay/Alma.
The real answer here is Red Cone. Its a little further away but absolutely worth it. You have to run it starting on the south side to reach the summit. If its open, this is the one you dont want to miss. No matter how many times I have run it, the last 100 feet or so to the peak always raise the pucker factor a little. :D

Wheeler Lake trail is nearby also. Its out and back but totally worth it.

For the love of god be careful. Stay on the trail and dont press your luck in the snow. Shit goes sideways in a hurry.

onlyone

As far as the southwest side goes I can tell you that Cinnamon Pass is open over the alpine loop. Today. I don’t think Engineer is open from the Ouray side.

Attachments

• 9A092C21-2E5D-4692-849C-7DBB940FB1C8.jpeg
    9A092C21-2E5D-4692-849C-7DBB940FB1C8.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom