Fuel Economy on 3.6L V6 Grand Cherokee???

CherokeeDave

I am getting 26 hwy with only 500 miles on it, once the motor is broke in I am sure it will get better, so I am happy, window sticker says 22 - 28 hwy, so I am hoping for 28 :) rather have the money in my pocket then someone else's

dubdub07

I think CherokeeDave is on the right track. The new 8 sp tranny is supposed to do a lot for fuel economy. I love the way it shifts.....damn smooth. We have the HEMI in our WK2 with the 8 sp and it is very smooth and sport mode is an MPG killer (but fun). I drove the 3.6L with the 8 sp when looking and was VERY impressed. Nice giddyup and economy to boot. But up here at altitude it is nice to have a few more HP as we lose about 20-30%. The now not-so-new 3.6L is a winner and I love it in my JK. It is a good combo in the WK2, mixing performance with economy.

ww07

Right Rudder

Anyone heard/have reviews of the diesel in the 14's, my wife might be in the market for a Grand Cherokee due to an end-of-winter accident. We test drove one with a pentastar and it had very respectable acceleration/smooth shifting at roughly sea level on a cool day in Arkansas.

mschlatter

We have a 2014 GC. Everyday milage (highway-city) is right around 20 to 21. Keep in mind my wife is the primary driver. She loves it. So do I but my JK is still #1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The diesel WK2 works very good. It has about the same acceleration from 0-60 as the pentastar which isn't bad, diesels aren't known for being quick out of the gate. but passing acceleration, 50-70 is great. Can always feel the instant torque from the diesel and 8 Spd. It actually has more torque than the Hemi, 420 ft-lbs. You can hear the diesel sound outside the vehicle when it's colder out. But inside can't hear much if anything. When it's warmer outside, it's not that loud either place. Many people are averaging above the 28 mpg hwy in the 4x4. Most getting closer to 30 which is the 4x2 rating and if you really take it easy can get even higher.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
That new eco diesel makes me wish I'd have waited instead of jumping on my '13 TrailHawk with the 3.6. I'd so live to have an Overland with the diesel and near 30mpg.

Top Bottom