Factor 55/warn issue

KY_Jeep

Anyone else ran into this issue? Putting a factor 55 flatlink on my warm zeon 10s, but the eyelet will not fit inside the link. I know I could put it in there and force it but I don’t think this should be this tight. Any thoughts?
IMG_7190.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7189.jpeg
    IMG_7189.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 3
There is all kinds of issues with those things. I don’t know anyone running one. A good ole fashioned hook is all that’s needed.
Sadly, I'd have to agree. I know they're all the rage but from personal experience having to deal with them on multiple occasions including several JKX events, I've found them to be completely useless and more trouble than they're worth. A good ol' hook really is the best options or at least, in my opinion.

Thanks for all the advice. Debating my options. I didn’t buy it cause it’s the rage just trying to simplify life, and as per my usual… making it more difficult lol.

Anyone else ran into this issue? Putting a factor 55 flatlink on my warm zeon 10s, but the eyelet will not fit inside the link. I know I could put it in there and force it but I don’t think this should be this tight. Any thoughts?
View attachment 393377
Most likely there is a 20 minute YouTube video addressing this very topic. In fact I have some recollection of seeing one before.

I definitely haven’t seen your issue before with fitment. It should definitely slide right in.

I have been using the ultrahook for a while now and while I haven’t had any specific issues with mine yet as I use soft shackles with it, I know the hook on these have a smaller ID than standard hooks and have issues with certain d-rings. But I liked that it at least had both options. The thimbles and prolink like you have can definitely have issues with d-rings not fitting so make sure yours will work or run soft shackles.

View attachment 393377
I had this issue, used a large socket and 5lb short handle sledge, problem solved.
a hydraulic press would've made easier and faster.

Top Bottom