EVO 1’s Final Run on the Rubicon Trail's Little Sluice

Serg5000

Boy am I glad to have done the Rubicon pre-road work. It was an amazing trip and a challenge as well. Seems they want it more stock vehicle friendly.
Oh well. Mother Nature has a funny way of changing things as well.

Robar

The Enforcer
Great job Mel. Great video WOL. I hope to be able to see the Rubicon Trail next year. I hope that it will still have plenty of natural areas.

Eddie,

Thanks for posting this! Man, Mel can wheel - very impressive! We saw your posts about Little Sluice closing on Facebook and Vince, Jim, and I decided to bomb up there late on Wednesday night. We got to Little Sluice a little after 0800 on Thursday morning (09.27.12), and we thought we would have a whole day to play around on the sluice box, but we were 12hours too late!

There were two El Dorado Sheriff's Deputies there and they had closed down the trail because some yahoos had been posting that they were going to Occupy Little Sluice. Both Deputies were great guys, and wheelers, but there was no way they could let us run Little Sluice. I'm pretty bummed that I did not get a (second) chance to run Little Sluice as it was, but I'm thankful that you went there and documented it - thanks!

Oh, great video by the way.

Dave

Prime8

CALIJK said:
Eddie,

Thanks for posting this! Man, Mel can wheel - very impressive! We saw your posts about Little Sluice closing on Facebook and Vince, Jim, and I decided to bomb up there late on Wednesday night. We got to Little Sluice a little after 0800 on Thursday morning (09.27.12), and we thought we would have a whole day to play around on the sluice box, but we were 12hours too late!

There were two El Dorado Sheriff's Deputies there and they had closed down the trail because some yahoos had been posting that they were going to Occupy Little Sluice. Both Deputies were great guys, and wheelers, but there was no way they could let us run Little Sluice. I'm pretty bummed that I did not get a (second) chance to run Little Sluice as it was, but I'm thankful that you went there and documented it - thanks!

Oh, great video by the way.

Dave

What a load of crap! "Closing the 28th" should mean closing the 28th! Every idea anyone's had over the past 5-10 years has been posted online. People are a lot ballsier when they can hide behind a computer. That doesn't mean we should all jump at every threat. Damn deputies... Bad enough they gave such short notice as it was, let alone closing it early. I wonder how many people went up there for one last run and got screwed over instead...

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Sigh! Well, what is done is done. This excellent video is a fitting tribute and final goodbye to The Little Sluice. Mel Wade's last drive through it, for me at least, captures the respect and skill most wheelers give to the enviornment and the sport. It is a shame more folks don't realize it.

Top Bottom