Dynatrac 60/60 for JT - Which Gear Oil?

SAF

Nice!!! How long was your wait?
I came up with this whole idea July 16th, bought the Jeep July 17th, ordered full suspension, axles, wheels, etc. the 19th. Parts have been trickling in since then. Everything is here and ready to be installed.

My local shop that's doing the install ordered the axles from a local distributor. I lucked out on places having everything I wanted.

SAF

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpeg

Coming together. Getting everything mocked up for now. Will make final adjustments/installations soon. Driveshafts ordered (went with 1 piece for now for the sake of getting it moving, will be getting 2 piece in the future).

Metal cloak control arms - we're at the end of our adjustability before becoming unstable. This is mostly due to these being a mid-arm kit and not a long travel kit. However, most long travel kits seem to have drop down brackets (mounting at the frame, pointing towards the ground) that would impede ground clearance, but we should be able to make do with this. 4.5" game changer. Because of this, the axle droop we had while installing the springs made them look like noodles. It gets better once the truck is sitting on its own weight, but man, this thing will be able to flex. My fenders are in trouble.

Also - the shocks we planned on using were significantly shorter than what was needed. I think once it settles, and with the weight of the winch/bumper, that should give us enough compression to run something, but I will need to order shocks with more than 30" of uncompressed extension length at least. Looking into shocks for a 6" lift. Might be coilover time.

We have not cycled the suspension or turned the wheel yet, but I'm curious to see how the top down/bottom up tie rod/drag link work and if we have stabilizer interference.

Cool having a truck where the tailgate comes up to your chin. But yeah, making adjustments as needed.

Edit: Springs and shocks giving us plenty of travel in the rear, but the front droop measured out to about 2 1/4". Needless to say, I have an EVO MFG front coilover kit on the way.

Last edited:

SAF

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0735.jpeg

Needs an alignment!

Things I feel I should note that we ran into...
1. The lower brackets for the coilovers were made for a factory axle. We had to cut some material out and then we welded the brackets to the tube for some added strength.

2. As mentioned above, a standard shock/spring setup was severely limiting travel in the front. Still on Falcons and the metal cloak springs in the back, but will probably switch to rear coilovers in the future so everything is nice and neat. I could also use a bigger limiting strap than what came with the kit, but again, everything has its purpose but those purposes aren't for an axle swap and major droop. Have to be careful of the driveshaft hitting the crossmember though. You can probably notice the nice rake in the stance in the first photo. Rear is a smidge taller than the front.

3. Parking brake cable. We used the supplied one, but it was still short. I'm not sure if this is because of the 4.5" lift or what, but we used some additional parts to make it work properly.

4. Brake lines. Assuming we installed everything correctly, and because the fenders are what stops us, those brake lines barely make the cut right now. I have ordered some extended lines so that's one less thing on the 'watch out' list.

It was super fun seeing all this come to life. I can't thank Adventure Motors in Grandview, MO enough for helping me make all this a reality, as well as everybody on this forum for the inspiration/knowledge.

Top Bottom