Ball Joints?

BruceyZ06

Getting ready to install new front Carbon offroad axle shafts with new wheel bearings. Since, I'm there I'm going to replace the ball joints as well. I have a set of Synergy ball joints but have read some negative reviews. What do you guys think of them? I know this sounds cheap I don't want to spend the money on ball joint deletes. This is my girls 2013 Jeep JK 2 door Rubicon on 35's.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what you've read and I would never pretend to know as much as the next internet expert out there but I can tell you that I have installed Synergy ball joints and found them to work well. Also, ball joint deletes are stupid.

BruceyZ06

Not sure what you've read and I would never pretend to know as much as the next internet expert out there but I can tell you that I have installed Synergy ball joints and found them to work well. Also, ball joint deletes are stupid.
Well, I'm glad to hear that! I figured they weren't "bad" as some people were saying they were. I saw your YouTube video about them, and honestly that's why I bought them. Is there a "break-in period" for these ball joints? (I feel dumb for asking that....)

jeeeep

Hooked
nothing wrong with synergy.
Like anything else with a zerk fitting, they require regular maintenance; without it they will fail earlier than they should.

you mentioned it's your girls JK? does she keep up with maintenance? wheel it?

On my daughter's JK which sees dirt roads at most, I replaced the ball joints with mopar, the originals held up for 85000 miles and no maintenance required. peace of mind for me since she doesn't live close and I don't think jiffy lube does grease anymore.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't notice it on my JL (maybe because of the electric steering pump) but on a JK, they would or used to feel a bit tight until you used them a while. At worst, that would make your steering feel a little sticky as in, you'd merge to the left and your steering would kind of want to stay that way. That said, pretty much ALL replacement HD ball joints without plastic components inside will do this and for the first hundred miles or so.

BruceyZ06

nothing wrong with synergy.
Like anything else with a zerk fitting, they require regular maintenance; without it they will fail earlier than they should.

you mentioned it's your girls JK? does she keep up with maintenance? wheel it?

On my daughter's JK which sees dirt roads at most, I replaced the ball joints with mopar, the originals held up for 85000 miles and no maintenance required. peace of mind for me since she doesn't live close and I don't think jiffy lube does grease anymore.
No, she doesn't but I do all the maintenance for her. We do light to moderate wheeling a few times a year. Just prepping both Jeeps we have for EJS 2023.

BruceyZ06

I didn't notice it on my JL (maybe because of the electric steering pump) but on a JK, they would or used to feel a bit tight until you used them a while. At worst, that would make your steering feel a little sticky as in, you'd merge to the left and your steering would kind of want to stay that way. That said, pretty much ALL replacement HD ball joints without plastic components inside will do this and for the first hundred miles or so.
Awesome to hear! Thank you so much for the quick responses. I appreciate you and your YT page!

Top Bottom