Apollo Build thread

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
:mad: classic i am definitely sick of winter stickin around im ready to pull the top off

Agreed. I was going to switch tops this morning and then I looked down and noticed a puddle of red stuff under the Jeep, she was bleeding. Looked under the Jeep and found a nice crack in the t-case. I'm waiting on a ride right now to pick me up at Faricy. They are going to replace it under warranty. I'll have it back on Tuesday afternoon.

desertrunner

Agreed. I was going to switch tops this morning and then I looked down and noticed a puddle of red stuff under the Jeep, she was bleeding. Looked under the Jeep and found a nice crack in the t-case. I'm waiting on a ride right now to pick me up at Faricy. They are going to replace it under warranty. I'll have it back on Tuesday afternoon.

:icon_crazy: awww thats a bad day sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get that fixed and back out there soon

desertrunner

gotta love that warranty though unfortunately im the 3rd owner on mine so im missin out

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I'm lucky too. Since I help out with the trail rides in the summer by bring up the tail and making sure everyone gets off the trail they never question a repair, even as beat up my under carraige is at this point. Also gives me free oil changes for as long as I own the Jeep.

Napalm90

the flex is great i have had no complaints but i will say trimming the fenders is a MUST but now that i did the front and rear and bent back the pinch seam by the rear bumper back a little i have no rubbing issues :thumb:

View attachment 26932

Got a 2013 no need for me to cut the seems apparently :clap2: just checked there already cut!!!! lol Less work for me :bleh:

desertrunner

Got a 2013 no need for me to cut the seems apparently :clap2: just checked there already cut!!!! lol Less work for me :bleh:

that is nice! you definitly gotta chop or ditch the stock fenders if you wanna fit 37s in there and have good flex on the trail

desertrunner

almost forgot to mention this little event too... :doh:

i learned a good lesson about water being deeper than you think, hydrolocked my engine and cracked the block. Thankfully the people at USAA covered me and swapped mine out for another 3.8L with only 15K miles on it all covered with my deductible. I am pretty sure part of the problem was the home made CAI i jerry rigged in there so i figured it might be smart to put a real one in there that might be a little more water tight.

IMAG1346.jpg
IMAG1498.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Damn that sucks glad they fixed it. The rule of thumb I learned is that if the water is higher than the top of your tires your too deep and the air intake will suck it up

Sent from my iPhone

desertrunner

Damn that sucks glad they fixed it. The rule of thumb I learned is that if the water is higher than the top of your tires your too deep and the air intake will suck it up

Sent from my iPhone

yeah the water was just barely over my rails but i drove in a bit too fast and built that wave up over my hood :doh: definitely learned a lesson with that one :naw:

desertrunner

wish i would have got more pictures of me dead in the water but this is the only one i got of my buddy pulling me out :naw:

photo (1).jpg

Top Bottom