Anyone done "The Maze" in mid June?

JimLee

Hooked
Specifically I'm looking at the Doll House camping areas, would like to know what kind of high temps you experienced. I know everyone hates me because I have a dual batt system and I like it but I appreciate any feedback.

Specifically I'm looking at the Doll House camping areas, would like to know what kind of high temps you experienced. I know everyone hates me because I have a dual batt system and I like it but I appreciate any feedback.
Sorry to hear that your dual-battery system has a problem with high temperatures. You are in luck though since the highs should be in the mid -50s in June.

JimLee

Hooked
You Planning for this year or Next Year?
Well, I was hoping to go this year, but it's either next week (too soon, work stuff) or mid June to get a reservation at any of the Dollhouse camp sites (for 3 consecutive days). I can see average temp history but my experience for areas like this (and places like the Grand Parashant/ Arizona strip) is that the temps can vary wildly depending on exact location, so I generally try and ask someone who has been during that time of year. The June Average high for "the Maze" is in the mid 90's which isn't terrible, but a bit warm for tent camping. Dollhouse sites 1 and 2 have some good shade except at the peak of the day and 3 is fairly open. I took way to long to get my mods done and now my wife is demanding a camping trip so I'm looking into some options, I'd happily head back to Twin Point (or even Kelley Point) overlook on the North rim, but she wants someplace new (of course). Our Anniversary is in June, and I can usually save a bunch of money and stress by taking her on a good camping trip in May/June rather than the shitty alternatives like a weekend in Vegas or some other crowded ass place. There's also places like Coyote flats and Monache meadows closer to home, but with the snow we got this year who knows when or if those places will open this year. I don't know, all this damn rain this winter fucked up all my plans.

Last edited:

Sylvester

I'm in Monticello so want to see some cool suff, old Indian Ruins and do some Camping you have my Number I'll show you around. Keep you near the Mountains in cooler Weather also

JimLee

Hooked
I'm in Monticello so want to see some cool suff, old Indian Ruins and do some Camping you have my Number I'll show you around. Keep you near the Mountains in cooler Weather also
How long you there? You look to be close to alot of good stuff, might take you up on this.

Sylvester

September we have Property here. Check this out

Comb Ridge & River House Ruins
Back entry to Elephant Hill
Lockhart Basin to Moab

History and scenery

Top Bottom