And so it begins...

Fuzznubbin

Well I come from an import back ground (Hondas) and this if my first Jeep bought 6 months ago (2020 Gladiator Launch Edition). Last week I just emptied every pocket and bought a few thing to start an overland build. Only thing I've added to this point is a Badlands 12000 LB winch.

The build starts this weekend!

Wheels: Method 706 Bead Grip in bronze
Tires: 37x12.5x17 Patagonia XT

Teraflex Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer

Tazer Mini

American Off Road ball joint delete

KC Hilites Gravity Gravity light bar and overhead mount

Adams Driveshaft front and rear 1350 drive shafts

And for a lift kit... Accuair suspension air suspension system. Thanks Eddie for the Youtube videos. They are why I chose this system!

image0.jpeg IMG_7617.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome and congrats on the the Jeep! I would suggest some good ol conventional balljoints like Synergy. I was far from impressed after installing the deletes for a customer.
I'd have to agree with this ^^^

I know all the social media whores are pimping them but for people who are really honest will tell you and show you why they shouldn't be used.

What didn’t you like? You’ve def have my attention!
They went together no problem so no issues there. My concerns/observation;

A) there is absolutely nothing retaining the pin on on the top side on the lower or upper BJ. So if the nylon nut backs off, it can just fall apart, and for the lower, a chance of the pin getting pushed up into the axle shaft ujoint.

B) The nylon nut barely engages the nylon on the nut to secure the entire assembly. Why they didn’t at least use castle nuts with a cotter pin is beyond me.

C) he torque procedure calls for a lot (can’t recall numbers) but to the point it’s extremely hard to turn the knuckle by hand, and I mean muscling it o turn. I believe this is also why the drivability felt extremely flighty and made the Jeep track all over the place.

D) They did become super squeaky/noisy after a short 2-3 weeks.

There are some pictures out there of the assemblies falling apart which I’m happy to find and share. They should also be in our In The Shop thread.

I have personally talked to one of the owners and offered to talk with Josh just to share my experience and maybe some recommendations but never heard a word.

Im all for innovation and new products but just not personally sold on these yet.

Top Bottom