Aluminum Radiator

The BAD Influence

2015 JKU. My 2nd radiator has failed. Same place. Upper drivers side. Never enough of a leak to leave a drip on the floor, but can always smell antifreeze, and need to top off every few weeks. It's leaking where the plastic and aluminum come together.
I want to go with an all aluminum one this time. Online I'm seeing Cold Case from $338 to Mishimoto at $695. A few fall in between.
Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

The BAD Influence

Don’t do it. Too rigid and I’ve never run into anyone that has had good luck. Go with a Mopar. It sucks changing but these jeeps flex too much if really run hard Offroad. Stock has a little give but the aluminum has none
Never thought of that. Good point. Thank you.

jeeeep

Hooked
Don’t do it. Too rigid and I’ve never run into anyone that has had good luck. Go with a Mopar. It sucks changing but these jeeps flex too much if really run hard Offroad. Stock has a little give but the aluminum has none
This ^

A friend of mine spent big bucks on Mishimoto, failed twice (1st time within 6 months) before he went back to stock.

Mishimoto replaced them but after the 2nd one told him it was being installed wrong and would not replace it.

desertrunner

I went through a few on my 5.7 hemi jeep. Unfortunately Mopar option wasn't available to me but I finally went with a C&R. They worked with me for a while to develop a flexible upper mount that allowed a lot more flex than the other aluminum ones available for V8 swaps. I heard somewhere Motech uses a spring on their upper mount to help with that as well. I'd recommend going OEM but if you decide to go aluminum I'd give C&R a call. They were great to work with

Top Bottom