Aftermarket Shocks For Stock Suspension

Okay, I'll wade in.

I'm going to assume (ass/u/me) you have JEEP spec FOX shocks on your Rubicon.
You have a JL, I have a JT, so there are some differences, BUT, JEEP/MOPAR/Stellantis screwed up by speccing out shocks instead of just letting FOX build them to suit the weight, springs on the vehicle. Your FOX shocks are too soft, wallowing all over the place. Body roll and too much travel on the shocks and too long for them to recover. Sound familiar?

If so, buy any name shocks you want, specifically for stock height and your JLUR. They're going to be better than what came on your JL. The shocks aren't FOX's fault, they built what they were told. Get the same size shock FROM FOX for your JLUR and they will be night and day to what you have on now.

Some people swear by OEM parts. When it comes to shocks, I strongly believe manufacture's engineers can't hold a candle to the guys that build the shocks. Just give them the numbers they need for input, let them build the shock to suit the vehicle.
It may be that you were addressing me, but I only have a 2--door JL, which I do not overload with a lot of crap. No roof-top tent or anything like that. It is not top-heavy. While I am sure the shocks can be better, I do not feel like my Jeep is "wallowing".

I expect that Jeep provides the same FOX shocks for the JT and JLU (but different springs). The vehicle weight and where the weight is makes a big difference!

Top Bottom