ACC Bar on 2024 Rubicon

billhesson

I have a 2024 Rubicon X on order. I want to install an ACC Bar and wonder if it will fit with the new airbag system?
Thanks
Bill

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What air bag system might you be referring to? Are you thinking about the passenger side airbag indicator light on the plastic windshield header trim?

billhesson

I’m referring to the side airbag system that is mounted in the area of the roll bars on the driver and passenger sides. New on the 2024 models.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m referring to the side airbag system that is mounted in the area of the roll bars on the driver and passenger sides. New on the 2024 models.
Sorry, if it's a new feature on a 2024, I am unfamiliar with it and couldn't tell you for sure. Assuming the optional Mopar grab handles are still sold for a 2024, then the ACC BAR should not be a problem.

billhesson

Sorry but the jeep is still in production. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Was hoping someone that already got their’s to help with that info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From what I can see, it won't affect the ACC bar. If/when the SRS deploys, it may or may not damage an ACC bar, but the bar won't interfere with bag deployment.

View attachment 394543
Thanks for posting this up! I tried looking into it as well and it would seem that the air bags deploy from the B-pillar area of the roll bar.

kevman65

Hooked
I suppose that if nothing is on top of the mounting area it should mount fine.
This is something I'm guilty of. You need to watch what gets mounted in the deployment zone of the passenger forward bag. It's a huge bag and deploys in the area most people mount things.

billhesson

To Update everyone, I have my jeep and the channel that is in the plastic trim is replaced with the airbags and the channel is gone. I used my vise and flattened the brackets and spent a few minutes bending the bracket to go over and angle down slightly. it was still long enough to attache to the bar and works just fine with no rubbing. Because the bulk of the bracket is above the roll bar you can't see it. Ran wires inside the bar and down the a pillar. Looks very clean

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To Update everyone, I have my jeep and the channel that is in the plastic trim is replaced with the airbags and the channel is gone. I used my vise and flattened the brackets and spent a few minutes bending the bracket to go over and angle down slightly. it was still long enough to attache to the bar and works just fine with no rubbing. Because the bulk of the bracket is above the roll bar you can't see it. Ran wires inside the bar and down the a pillar. Looks very clean
I really am sorry to hear you weren't able to just bolt up the ACC BAR and go but glad to hear you were able to make it work out anyway. Is there any chance I could get you to post up a pic of what things look like now? Sounds like I need to make a modification to the brackets and this would be very helpful to me.

Thank you

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to update this thread to let everyone that I have made modifications to the roll bar brackets and they should now work with a 2024-Up JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator. The brackets will now clear the new roll bar trim and not interfere with the deployment of the air bags.

With a big thanks to billhesson who will be testing them out on his Jeep, these new brackets should be available by the end of the month :)

Top Bottom