2012 jeep gears

MTG

Caught the Bug
Damtall55 said:
I have the JKU Sport Automatic with 3.73's. I was thinking about going with 35's and asked someone local for some help. He suggested that I go with 4.88 or 5.13 with my JKU Sport. Like I said, it is an automatic, with the stick shift option. I believe they call it the Auto-Stick or something like that. Reading this thread, I am wondering who is right and who is wrong. Can someone give me an honest opinion here without letting pride get involved? Thanks a lot!! :idontknow:

2012 auto JKUR with 4:10 and 35s (315/70/17 specifically.) and a 4" lift. I live at 5000 feet and regularly drove up to 8000+ ft during ski season. I have about 6k on the lift and tires. I honestly cannot tell much difference from the factory wheels/tires. The jeep drives just fine. When I went to Moab we set the cruise control at 80-85 and held it at around 3000 RPMs. I plan to move to 37s in the next month or so and do not plan on regearing. I believe Rubicat and Chris B both run 37s on 4:10s as well.

I would imagine you'd be fine but having never driven that set up can't offer first hand knowledge.

Good luck!

Top Bottom