Selecting a Mig welder.

I recently got a Lincoln Pro Mig 180 and have it set up on 75/25 gas. It’s a nice machine and fairly easy to dial in. I find myself looking for shit to weld on now!!
I just bought the same machine. So far I have been very happy with it. I should also add that I'm a rookie welder so I'm easily impressed with any machine that allows me to put down a reasonably good looking bead.

I am very much a novice with welding, but I'm happy with these 'Hobart 500559'. Works well with flux core wire or with gas. It uses a regular household plug and is rated to weld up to 1/8" thick steel. Priced a little over $620. Love this welder.

Last edited:
I am very much a novice with welding, but I'm happy with these 'Hobart 500559'. Works well with flux core wire or with gas. It uses a regular household plug and is rated to weld up to 1/8" thick steel. Priced a little over $620. Love this welder.
Welcome to wayalife (y)

Im retired Manufacturing Engineer now I have my own Fab Shop, If possible! make sure you get a welder that uses Argon/Co2 mix, you will never be happy with a flux core wire welder. Any name brand welder will be great (220Volt) you cant weld thin steel without gas, plus you will be almost a Pro after you learn your welders capabilities. (Keep it Clean)

you will never be happy with a flux core wire welder.
I'm very happy with my flux core 110v welder. I learned on gas and would certainly prefer it and of course it's cleaner. But for simple shit around the house, hobby welding, helping friends that are in a pinch, flux core is fine.

I'm very happy with my flux core 110v welder. I learned on gas and would certainly prefer it and of course it's cleaner. But for simple shit around the house, hobby welding, helping friends that are in a pinch, flux core is fine.
This... I use Flux Core 90% of the time since I'm usually welding outside. Very Convenient.

Top Bottom