2 Door Xtreme Recon!

4PLAY

If this is true, then really glad I have a Ruby X 2-door on order (scheduled build date is March 22nd) with the 35" tire package. Depending on what they offer on the '25 MY, I might just have to get last call for 'Real Jeeps' :ROFLMAO:
However, it is hard to believe they would drop the 2-door as long as the existing JL platform is still in production...

4PLAY

My Bright White '24 JLR-X w/35's arrived at the railhead near the dealer yesterday! I leave tomorrow for a business trip abroad but she should be waiting for me when I return. :)

I already have a stack of goodies waiting to install: Warn Zeon 10-S, Grimm winch mount for OEM steel bumper, Grimm mid height grille guard/hoop, MetalCloak rear bumper (HD with modular ends and a good aesthetic match for OEM steel front once you switch the gold end cap bolts for black torx) Rock Hard 4x4 Angle-up sliders and Mopar Recon fender vent flag decal.

Anxious to see how the factory 35" suspension stacks up to my fully custom 2.5" lift w/ 37 D KO2's on my '20 JLR...that one I really dialed in. Likely I will replace the stock shocks with longer non-reservoir Fox units with the 2.5" body, add a Synergy adjustable front track bar and at least adjustable lower front control arms.
Will first drive it fully stock for a few days to let things settle in and then take some baseline measurements. Top off the gas, put her on a scale and record weights, then check tire pressure and on a level floor take ride height measurements from floor to edge of fender flare extensions at wheel centerline for all four wheels.

4PLAY

Next step will be to get some baseline measurements including an alignment readout as she sits, four corner ride height from level floor to edge of fender flare extensions at wheel centerline and weight. (Will have to deduct the difference from the Rock Hard 4x4 sliders and the OEM rock rails for accurate weight) This weekend will be installing a Zeon 10-S, Grimm winch plate and Grimm mid-height grille guard which will add about 100 pounds and cause some sag...

I am thinking about going with a set of Synergy springs (F&R) which after adding the winch and a heavier MetalCloak rear bumper, should increase ride height 3/4 to an inch over a stock 2-door with the 35" tire package. Will also add a Synergy adjustable front track bar and adjustable lower control arms to dial in the caster. Going with Synergy this time as I like the fact that you can adjust control arms without removing one end of the control arm and while much stronger than OEM, they are also much lighter than what I am running on my '20JLR.

Side note: Fox has a new aftermarket 2.5 non-reservoir shock releasing later this year and should be great match...

Last edited:
Shouldn't adding a leveling kit to account for the winch and other add-ons suffice? Changing out the springs seems like a pretty dramatic step when you don't even have much experience with the factory springs yet.

4PLAY

Shouldn't adding a leveling kit to account for the winch and other add-ons suffice? Changing out the springs seems like a pretty dramatic step when you don't even have much experience with the factory springs yet.

Normally I would agree with you but I have had plenty of suspension experience on JL Rubicon 2-doors...I have my ''20 JLR pretty dialed in! The BS COVID lockdowns gave me plenty of time to experiment with the suspension including different springs: Stock, Mopar, MetalCloak, Teraflex and Synergy...Since I want a LCG rig that could run KO2 37's, Synergy gives me a great option.

I originally wanted to order with the winch option (and would not have changed springs) but with Jeep's FUBAR order guide, we could not select the winch with the 35" package on the 2-door at time of order. (You can now however) So since I have to 'unbutton' the suspension anyway, might as well add 3/4" to 1" over stock XR height and would prefer to use springs for this. Some of the cost I can recoup from selling the take-off XR 2-door suspension. Plus down the road if I decide to go to 37" KO2's or KO3's, she will be ready!

Top Bottom