Wild Boar Grabs

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Can anyone recommend these? Have them and hate them? I miss the sturdy factory grabs that my KJ has on the A-Pillars and thought these might be a step up from the velcro / nylon ones that came with the Jeep.

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458265013.487267.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They're probably great until you hit your head on it the first time. Then you will wish you never bought them.

Lukasd

I have them in red. They arrived a little scratched but are very heavy duty. The front bolt on and provide an excellent pulling position. The back set came with bolts that are a little short in my mind but work very well. Overall, very happy with them. Purchased on Amazon.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like they ripped off JK Grabbars. I do have the originals and like Overlander said, that's the first thing I thought of when i put the damn things on.
I haven't whacked my head yet but I have brushed them a few times. Having said that, the originals are really sturdy but they're a bitch to put on. Feels like you're gonna strip the threads on the bolts.
If you think you'll ever put a sport cage in save your money because these won't fit and the cages have grab hoops on the A pillar bar...

Edit: looked at the photo again- they must private label these from JK Grabbars or they are an exact copy.

Last edited:

jjlong

I have handles from Carolina Metal Masters and love em! I also have the mirrors that attach to them when you remove the doors.

Attachments

• 1458284572165.jpg
    1458284572165.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 125

oyoquem

I have them and they are awesome. Very sturdy. They are "Opar" brand on Amazon but say "Wild Board" on the grip.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
"Opar" makes substandard knocks offs of other products and sells them for pennies. I wouldn't buy that shit.

JeepJeep75

I have a full set, front and back of the original Grabars. I use them all the time. I've never had a problem hitting the front ones with my head, but the back ones partially block the top of the door opening. I've hit these a bunch of times with my noggin. Hopefully won't be a problem once the jeep is 3 inches taller. These are way better than the silly Velcro straps that jeep provides.

8POUND

I have the Carolina Metal Masters grab bars, front and rear, plus the passenger grab bar. I like that I can mount mirrors to handles when the doors are off and can use something like a Ram Mount for my GoPro, on the front grab bars. I mount my phone on the passenger grab bar. It seems to give you more options.

Attachments

• 1458312587557.jpg
    1458312587557.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 1458312941710.jpg
    1458312941710.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 95

LeighP

Just replaced a set of fabric style front grab handles with the Wild Boar ones. Very happy with them, minutes to fit.
Bonus, the fabric style grab handles are now added to the rear seats. :)

Top Bottom