What is going on with Stellantis/FCA ?

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Not sure if anyone is following:

• They laid off a ton of engineers the other day.
  • They are doubling down on EV's even after the negative charger EV release (almost no one wants one).
  • Dodge hornet is the slowest selling vehicle in the country.
  • Bring Jeep Upmarket deal is failing... less and less people want to spend over 60k on a Jeep. I've now seen new 2024 JTR's selling for high 40s... still a ton of 2023 Gladiators on lots.
  • Even with RAM - still a ton of inventory and massive discounts as well as MSRP price adjustments (lower stickers which needed to happen) across the board.
  • Now the hellcats and scat pack 392 charger/challengers are being discounted at dealers after they were trying to mark them up to the sky. (really tempted to pick a 392 widebody up).
  • The only chrysler product availabile is a minivan
  • The only new dodge product available now is the Hornet (again that nobody wants).

I am not a youtuber or anyone that has an ear or insight to anything they (Stellantis) are doing but i don't know anyone who has went to them and said "Hey it would really be cool if you made these EV chargers... and made Jeep's EV's as well).. oh and by the way you only need 1 car to sell with a chrysler badge and 1 car with a dodge badge". I am not saying they are making absolute Junk products but they are sure as shit pricing everything out of market and by far most CDJR dealers I've dealt with were the worst of the worst dealers from any brand i've ever dealt with (Switch and bait website pricing etc). Do they care at all about their brands ? Almost seems like thy are becoming the automotive equivalent to Boeing.

It seems to me like even a fresh out of college MBA wouldn't be making these dumb decisions.

I work at a CDJR dealer and can confirm that NOBODY is and will be buying the Hornet lol.

While we do move plenty of Wranglers and Grand Cherokees, nothing else really sells and it’s really the case with any manufacturer right now.

So what is everyone buying? Used cars. Used cars everywhere. Really says something about the economy. It’s not just Stellantis that’s falling in numbers right now (although they could pick up some slack compared to others for sure) but every manufacturer and it all comes back to outrageous inflation, dogshit EV’s and their forceful production, and the cost of a new car in today’s market. Just like housing, affording a new car just isn’t possible with the median income of most Americans anymore.

Also for what it’s worth, we move a pretty good amount of Gladiators too. I think we have 3 2023s left but also a good amount of people awaiting the 2024.

I sold a new Diesel JT Rubicon today funny enough, and while of course it came out to be well below the sticker thanks to it being a 2023 and the customer getting a good deal, it was still a $74k MSRP little Jeep truck if we’re being honest here… Wild. I don’t expect anyone to want to pay that for them when the 24s roll in.

Oddly enough, priced as stupid as they are, Wranglers move fast and at full price. Really depends on the area you’re in of course, but new Chrysler, Dodge, and Ram? All their batteries are dead… Says a lot.

Worker participation in the economy is perhaps at an all-time high (at least during my lifetime). Just about everyone willing to work has found a job and can afford $35k for a new car. All will be fine!

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure if anyone is following:

• They laid off a ton of engineers the other day.
  • They are doubling down on EV's even after the negative charger EV release (almost no one wants one).
  • Dodge hornet is the slowest selling vehicle in the country.
  • Bring Jeep Upmarket deal is failing... less and less people want to spend over 60k on a Jeep. I've now seen new 2024 JTR's selling for high 40s... still a ton of 2023 Gladiators on lots.
  • Even with RAM - still a ton of inventory and massive discounts as well as MSRP price adjustments (lower stickers which needed to happen) across the board.
  • Now the hellcats and scat pack 392 charger/challengers are being discounted at dealers after they were trying to mark them up to the sky. (really tempted to pick a 392 widebody up).
  • The only chrysler product availabile is a minivan
  • The only new dodge product available now is the Hornet (again that nobody wants).

I am not a youtuber or anyone that has an ear or insight to anything they (Stellantis) are doing but i don't know anyone who has went to them and said "Hey it would really be cool if you made these EV chargers... and made Jeep's EV's as well).. oh and by the way you only need 1 car to sell with a chrysler badge and 1 car with a dodge badge". I am not saying they are making absolute Junk products but they are sure as shit pricing everything out of market and by far most CDJR dealers I've dealt with were the worst of the worst dealers from any brand i've ever dealt with (Switch and bait website pricing etc). Do they care at all about their brands ? Almost seems like thy are becoming the automotive equivalent to Boeing.

It seems to me like even a fresh out of college MBA wouldn't be making these dumb decisions.
They're huge stupid pussies. That about sums up what's going on with them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think a BIG part of what's going on is Stellantis' push for their 'ZERO EMISSIONS FREEDOM'

I mean, I get that it'll be forced on them sooner than later but they have been making a extra push to make it happen sooner.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I don't know if this is true or not, but according to a just loaded YouTube video, Jeep had a concept called the Short Cut at EJS. It is a stripper 2 dr with no back seat or top, Pentastar, Dana 44's and very little else. It gives me flashbacks to mid-sixties CJ's. Is it possible, that before the engineering staff was shown the door, they were actually trying to produce a vehicle with a chance to rekindle a dormant fire in the faithful? Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I don't know if this is true or not, but according to a just loaded YouTube video, Jeep had a concept called the Short Cut at EJS. It is a stripper 2 dr with no back seat or top, Pentastar, Dana 44's and very little else. It gives me flashbacks to mid-sixties CJ's. Is it possible, that before the engineering staff was shown the door, they were actually trying to produce a vehicle with a chance to rekindle a dormant fire in the faithful? Trying not to get my hopes up too much.
No. That’s an old concept. They always bring past years “concepts” out too.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
I think a BIG part of what's going on is Stellantis' push for their 'ZERO EMISSIONS FREEDOM'

I mean, I get that it'll be forced on them sooner than later but they have been making a extra push to make it happen sooner.
Its sad and pathetic and is mostly influenced by political push than the market. What is sad is this is going to effect Jeep very soon in a big way as well (and I don't mean 4xe's get ready for the all electric wrangler lol).

Top Bottom