"Waya LIfe" Copied in China Notification LOL

WJCO

Meme King
Got the following email and thought it was worth sharing here.

View attachment 395962
View attachment 395963

I mean, maybe it's just me but so far as I've seen, NOTHING I have done has ever stopped anyone in China from ripping me off or anyone else here in the USA for that matter.
Sounds like someone there filed for a Wayalife trademark and the trademark attorney or examiner found your mark and is giving you an opportunity to oppose it as part of the legal filing process. With that being said, I believe (contact your legal team to make sure) that it could be granted to them anyways during the process being that they are not using it for Jeeps/vehicles and it's in a clothing category.

Either way, being you already own the mark, if you don't want them using it at all, now is the time to oppose it.

Might also be wise to make sure this is a legit law firm and not a commie hacker.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like someone there filed for a Wayalife trademark and the trademark attorney or examiner found your mark and is giving you an opportunity to oppose it as part of the legal filing process. With that being said, I believe (contact your legal team to make sure) that it could be granted to them anyways during the process being that they are not using it for Jeeps/vehicles and it's in a clothing category.

Either way, being you already own the mark, if you don't want them using it at all, now is the time to oppose it.

Might also be wise to make sure this is a legit law firm and not a commie hacker.
That, or it's just a scam to get me to pay for a supposed service that I'll never really be able to check or verify being that all this shit is happening in China. And really, when's the last time anyone in China has given a shit about US Trademarks? Hell, I can barely get people in the US to not rip me off.

jeeeep

Hooked
it's mostly a scam, every once in a while, clients receive similar email or letters.

If they wanted to do business in China maybe, but do the Chinese really care about TM's? Not that I've noticed lol.

One client panicked and paid for their "services", they kept asking for more money to complete the next step, then the next, then a monthly fee to protect the TM... what a scam.

Top Bottom