Wave from the Trail ...

Black Ops

...after all, that is what it is all about! :yup:

Just over a year ago I made the move from upstate NY to CA. Always wanted a Jeep and being in CA offered the perfect environment to own one. Especially after previous trips out here for work (prior to move) where the wife and I rented a Jeep a couple of times and proceeded to test the limits out on the trails! Yes, the picture below is a rental, your basic bare bones Wrangler Sport in Pinyon Wash, Anza Borrego. I just picked out the trail on a map because it looked like it crossed through an interesting section of the park. If I had only known ... but we did drive through the whole thing from end to end. The Squeeze, Heart Attack Hill, etc. Mind you, the skid plates were handy, but that is what they are for, right? :thumb:

Anza.JPG

After the move, it was time for my own Jeep. So off to the dealer I went and came back the same day with a 2011 Rubicon Black Ops! Was not looking for a Black Ops, but I wanted a black, soft top, 6-speed, Rubicon and being August 2011 the dealer kind of looked at me as if it was going to a stroke of luck to find one. Needless to say, the rest is history. After exploring greater southern CA, NV, and AZ I thought I would dive deeper into the Jeep community. So here I am! See you on the trails!

2011 Jeep Rubicon Black Ops
Teraflex Prerunner Suspension
BFG All-Terrain 35's on Factory Rims
Delta HID Lighting
On-Board ARB Dual Compressor

wayoflife.jpg

Yes, the picture below is a rental, your basic bare bones Wrangler Sport in Pinyon Wash, Anza Borrego. I just picked out the trail on a map because it looked like it crossed through an interesting section of the park. If I had only known ... but we did drive through the whole thing from end to end. The Squeeze, Heart Attack Hill, etc. Mind you, the skid plates were handy, but that is what they are for, right? :thumb:

View attachment 9618

I would imagine that completing that trail in a bare bones JK would certainly make you appreciate their capability! I'm still shocked how easy Jeeps make it through some tough terrain...

Here's a wave from AZ! :standing wave:

Top Bottom