VIDEO : Towing is a Lot Better on Air

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While the Jeep Gladiator has a best in class towing capacity, with a gas motor, it doesn't mean it'll pull that weight without some serious rear end sag. In this video, you'll get to see how the air suspension system made by ACCUAIR will automatically level out your ride and make your towing experience, a much better one. As an added bonus, you'll even get to see just how easy it is to hook up to a trailer, simply by pushing a button. We hope you enjoy.

#jeep #towing #airsuspension #accuair #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #offroad

jeeeep

Hooked
had to watch is twice, was looking at the beautiful farmland and drive scenery lol

That ACCUAIR continues to impress, lower the hitch, don't raise the trailer (y)

What size is that dump trailer?

I feel my no vehicle loans time is coming to an end, I need a truck :poop:

hmm, want to sell that ACCUAIR JT like it's hot?

Towing is a big factor for most so it's great to see the awesome features it provides for towing and looks like it did it well. I know I would personally like this for pulling my camper. Maybe I missed it but do they have a max towing weight for the suspension? I'd imagine it would exceed what the actual Jeep could and/or should be towing.

BTW, You are totally cheating with the hydraulic dump trailer 😜

WJCO

Meme King
Man the ease of hooking up the trailer is great. That's a pretty sweet trailer. I'm sure the greenies will be leaving landfill comments, lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
had to watch is twice, was looking at the beautiful farmland and drive scenery lol

That ACCUAIR continues to impress, lower the hitch, don't raise the trailer (y)

What size is that dump trailer?

I feel my no vehicle loans time is coming to an end, I need a truck :poop:

hmm, want to sell that ACCUAIR JT like it's hot?
LOL - happy to hear you enjoyed the scenery. It is the reason why we live where we live :)

The dump trailer is 6x12. Nothing crazy huge but the optional tall sides allow us to haul a lot more stuff and it gets the job done for us. Also, we like how we can get it into tight spaces.

As far as the ACCUAIR JT goes, I'd be hard pressed to sell it, if it were mine to sell. 😁

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I really enjoyed the video. Some cool equipment, ACCUAIR, Gladiator, badass trailer, awesome scenery, and Ripley Cam!

You have some work ahead of you but with those great tools it should be a lot of fun! Thanks for posting this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Towing is a big factor for most so it's great to see the awesome features it provides for towing and looks like it did it well. I know I would personally like this for pulling my camper. Maybe I missed it but do they have a max towing weight for the suspension? I'd imagine it would exceed what the actual Jeep could and/or should be towing.

BTW, You are totally cheating with the hydraulic dump trailer 😜
So, max tow weight for a Gladiator Sport is 7500 lbs. Including the weight of the trailer, we hauled about 6000 lbs on the load you see in the video and without ANY issues on the suspension. Where you really feel it is climbing up the grades - I was up in the 4500+ range the whole time and burning all kinds of gas. Also, there's the braking. If I did this all the time with this Gladiator, I would install a trailer brake controller to help out. My point being, the Gladiator with a 3.6L can tow quite a bit and with the air suspension, like it wasn't even there but I can assure you, you'll feel it.

Regarding the dump trailer, trust me, I've done the load the pickup bed by hand and unload it again by hand and for far too long. Buying this dump trailer has been nothing short of awesome :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really enjoyed the video. Some cool equipment, ACCUAIR, Gladiator, badass trailer, awesome scenery, and Ripley Cam!

You have some work ahead of you but with those great tools it should be a lot of fun! Thanks for posting this.
LOL - it's a crazy thing how you (this applies to me as well of course) can find enjoyment in seeing good tools being put to work. 😁

So, max tow weight for a Gladiator Sport is 7500 lbs. Including the weight of the trailer, we hauled about 6000 lbs on the load you see in the video and without ANY issues on the suspension. Where you really feel it is climbing up the grades - I was up in the 4500+ range the whole time and burning all kinds of gas. Also, there's the braking. If I did this all the time with this Gladiator, I would install a trailer brake controller to help out. My point being, the Gladiator with a 3.6L can tow quite a bit and with the air suspension, like it wasn't even there but I can assure you, you'll feel it.

Regarding the dump trailer, trust me, I've done the load the pickup bed by hand and unload it again by hand and for far too long. Buying this dump trailer has been nothing short of awesome :cool:
Yeah suspension definitely didn’t look to be struggling one bit so that’s awesome!

Haha I’m honestly just jealous, they are amazing. Work smart not hard!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

That air suspension is way cool. I saw a guy towing a vintage Airstream with a Gladiator Rubicon. He had a trailer brake controller and had towed it from Georgia to Mississippi. He said it did pretty well. Obviously not a 2500 Cummins or Duramax, but I’d bet a lot of people could tow a 26 to 28 light travel trailer pretty well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Put a 6.4 or 6.2 in it with that suspension and some trailer brakes it would make decent tow rig .
Yup, with that, this would be a decent tow rig for sure.
That air suspension is way cool. I saw a guy towing a vintage Airstream with a Gladiator Rubicon. He had a trailer brake controller and had towed it from Georgia to Mississippi. He said it did pretty well. Obviously not a 2500 Cummins or Duramax, but I’d bet a lot of people could tow a 26 to 28 light travel trailer pretty well.
Oh yeah, it can tow for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The lowering for a trailer is clutch! Do they make this system for the rear only of other vehicles as well?

Also, since you got this truck when are you selling me your duramax? Lol
Nice as this Gladiator is, it isn't mine and it's no Duramax... by a long shot 😁

And yes, I do believe they make this system for other vehicles and for this purpose.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Pretty cool how well it did, could be a nice addition for anyone looking to tow, among all the other benefits you’ve already displayed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cool how well it did, could be a nice addition for anyone looking to tow, among all the other benefits you’ve already displayed.
I think hauling heavy loads and towing is really where this kit shines. All the other benefits are the bonus perks :)

Top Bottom