VIDEO : Pushed to the Point of Breaking

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Everything breaks especially when it comes to Jeeps and regardless of how beefy you build them up. Or at least, that's what Cindy and I have found over the last 25+ years of playing with them. And, after installing EVO Trailing Arms on our Jeep Gladiator, we found that we could now drive harder and faster than ever before, over big desert whoops and to the point of pushing all our other components to the limit. In this video, you'll get to see what we were able to break this time around as well as what we did to try and address it.

#jeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #discipleoffroad #evomfg #trailingarms #rockjock4x4 #rockjock #antirock #swaybar #kingshocks #nittotires #kmcwheels #spicerparts #ud60 #pscsteering #kchighlights #warn #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #prerunner #desert #mojave #rockcrawling #axlebreak

kevman65

Hooked
Go stress test it again 🤪

Jeremy, you're a damned BABY, do you even have to shave Bruh?

Chad (I think it was) for a young man, you know the tricks. I was nodding my head yes as you were you explaining it.
Only thing I would have done different, beveled back the edges on each side of the slice cut. I'm not a MIG guy, I would have tigged it with nickel fill wire. But that should hold up unless more stress cracks start showing up. Bad part about casting, you can have hidden imperfections everywhere and not know it.

WJCO

Meme King
That was fun to watch. How much total time was needed for that? As in heating the cast, welding, and then letting it cool?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Go stress test it again 🤪

Jeremy, you're a damned BABY, do you even have to shave Bruh?

Chad (I think it was) for a young man, you know the tricks. I was nodding my head yes as you were you explaining it.
Only thing I would have done different, beveled back the edges on each side of the slice cut. I'm not a MIG guy, I would have tigged it with nickel fill wire. But that should hold up unless more stress cracks start showing up. Bad part about casting, you can have hidden imperfections everywhere and not know it.
LOL - glad you enjoyed the video :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a curios question you’ve beat the piss out of Moby have you seen this on it ?
To be honest, we've never been able to drive Moby as hard and fast over whoops that big. The only other Jeep we've tested on them was EVO 1 in race rig form and the Jeep concept Sandstorm. Both literally beat the shit out of you and could go nowhere as fast. They ONLY rigs we've seen hit them as fast is Mel's Campbel's car and his CanAm.

Top Bottom