VIDEO - MOBY in MOAB : Gold Bar Rim Jeep Trail / IMPROBABLE HILL

professorkx

You started that climb at 3am and continued on the rest of the trail? Wtf?

Nope, we started at poison spyder along the river and because of the late start and damaged rigs, we didn't arrive there until the wee hours of the morning. We were thankful for 50 inch led light bars.

Trail JK

Nope, we started at poison spyder along the river and because of the late start and damaged rigs, we didn't arrive there until the wee hours of the morning. We were thankful for 50 inch led light bars.

Wow, I would've looked at the obstacle and headed for the hotel at that point under those circumstances. Hope you got video of that.

professorkx

Wow, I would've looked at the obstacle and headed for the hotel at that point under those circumstances. Hope you got video of that.

after the crack, we had to fix the bent drag link, so we were pretty tired by Gold Bar Rim, so only one short video. All the wives wanted to sleep in the jeeps and finish after day break.

The last time i did these trails was about 12 years ago on dirt bikes, so all we had were the gps tracks i had built for our week long trip. My sons, brother and I don't admit defeat well, so we just forged ahead. The jeep with the broken axle had to be towed/winched up every obstacle after the Crack. Good thing we had 200 feet of straps plus winches on every jeep, as we had to string straps up and over the rocks to a jeep on the other side on more than one occasion as an anchor point.

That day was EPIC and a great memory!!!

JAGS

Hooked
after the crack, we had to fix the bent drag link, so we were pretty tired by Gold Bar Rim, so only one short video. All the wives wanted to sleep in the jeeps and finish after day break.

The last time i did these trails was about 12 years ago on dirt bikes, so all we had were the gps tracks i had built for our week long trip. My sons, brother and I don't admit defeat well, so we just forged ahead. The jeep with the broken axle had to be towed/winched up every obstacle after the Crack. Good thing we had 200 feet of straps plus winches on every jeep, as we had to string straps up and over the rocks to a jeep on the other side on more than one occasion as an anchor point.

Story like that, you should start your own thread and post some pictures. [emoji106] Sounds like one for memory lane for sure.

JKUR-08

As about as soon as you start the Gold Bar Rim Trail out in Moab, Utah, you'll come across a challenging slickrock hill known as, Improbable Hill. As you approach it, you'll see the slickrock is essentially flat on the left and as you move to the right, it gets steeper and steeper until it ends over by a tree. On the far right, you'll see that is the face of the rock is covered with black tire marks and it can be a lot harder to climb than you think. In this short clip, you'll get to see Moby take it on and make it to the top. We hope you enjoy it.

:cool:

I love all the videos Eddie, especially ones with Moby. Amazing rig and great clip. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the clip :cool:

I bet you like the 6.2 in those situations

To be honest, I've tried climbing this hill on the far right a few times before back when we were still running a 3.8L motor but unsuccessfully. This was the first time I actually made it up and without question, the 6.2 made it a lot easier.

Moby sounds so good! Love the 6.2. Once again, great video!

Thanks, having the extra power and the sweet sound that goes with it is sure nice. :cool:

Man so much more intense in person! Awesome job! Great clip! [emoji106][emoji3]

Thanks Rachel, it was so much fun having you and Ray out there with us.

Thinking the same thing! The video does it little justice. Still cool vid though. [emoji106][emoji41]

Thanks Jason. I think the only thing the video doesn't show well is just how steep the hill is right there.

x3!!! Way more intense in person but still awesome to relive it!

We should have tried getting your 2-door up it :D

I love all the videos Eddie, especially ones with Moby. Amazing rig and great clip. :thumb:

Thanks! We have more clips of Moby coming your way :yup:

Brute

Hooked
Moby continues to make everything look like a walk in the park! :thumb:

A well built rig and good driving skills makes everything look easy...but it is never as easy as it looks; if it was, wouldn't still be doing this. Well done Eddie...

Brute

Hooked

Now that's the spirit of adventure!...not sure if I'd do the same, especially in the dark on a trail I haven't run in 12 years, after been dirt tired running trails all day into the next morning. Glad to hear no one got hurt...it could have easily turned out differently.

Top Bottom