VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - So... how much damage did we do?

pop2tu

Looks like all the factory skids did what they were designed to do. It really did sound a lot worse, you didn’t use a stunt double for Jet Li did you?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting, great info and this is your stock baseline I guess.

Interesting on the from axle housing of the M210, they moved the drain plug to the bottom of the housing. On the rear, is it on the side like the JK D44? Just curious.

Yes, on the rear, the drain plug is on the side, just like the old Dana 44.

That’s good intel, thanks for using your JL as a guinea pig. Sounds like the 2” lift and 35” tires will be a good choice. Some of those skid bars will be prime aftermarket parts once the stock hollow ones get crushed.

Thanks for the follow up!
JT

LOL!! Yeah, I suppose that's one way of looking at our JL :crazyeyes:

Everything held up well for what it was. That said, you have more experience than most.

What are some of the first skid upgrades you'd like to see, besides one to protect the trans lines. Couple of those crossbars seem suspect? And the bolts on the bottom of the frame rail?

I'd really like to replace both the transmission skid bar and transfer case skid plate if only because I really hate how much the support bars get hung up on the rocks. I'd rather have something that mounts more flush and just let the bolts get mashed.

Jet Li looks beat up at first, but always comes back stronger.

:cheesy: Indeed :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want that garage!

:cheesy: Thanks :cool:

I was looking forward to this video. Well done. And it looks like he did as expected. Although I can’t help as to wonder how the outcome would have been if you already had a lift and those new shoes on.

If we had a lift and bigger tires, I would have just taken BIGGER lines :yup:

Looks like all the factory skids did what they were designed to do. It really did sound a lot worse, you didn’t use a stunt double for Jet Li did you?

LOL! JET Li IS the stunt double :D

longarmwj

Those were some really hard hits that Jet LI took and it held up very very well in my opinion.

The JL Journal has been providing great entertainment to me on my 4th day in the hospital [emoji856][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom